Friday, January 6, 2012

CSI Case File No. 1 Is Live!!!

I'm so excited that we finally officially launched CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration tonight! I am so excited to have The Dusty Attic as our first sponsor, and we have their design team as guest designers. Nadia Cannizzo has joined us this month as a special guest designer, too!

Here is our very first Case File:



And here is my layout. I promise you that I didn't plan these pictures or the Case File to go with each other. Susan Stringfellow sent me her layout, which is also about Christmas, and that got me to thinking, of course--these colors are just perfect for Christmas pictures! I hadn't realized it when I created the Case File. So when I set out to look for Christmas pictures, I was too lazy to get my camera from upstairs, which had this year's Christmas pictures, so I thought I'd scrap some from last year (because I hadn't scrapped much from that Christmas anyway). And when I came across these pictures--it hit me--Mad Hatters! I just love it when an idea comes together like that!


Yes, I do realize my page is very, very busy, but I really wanted to get all 9 pictures on there. I write free verse poetry all the time with my students; however, I'm terrible at rhyming. But I wanted to challenge myself. I said to myself, I can't expect my members to venture into the more difficult journaling prompts if I'm not willing to give them a try myself. So there you go! I'd like to thank Shaunery for helping me with my very last line.

I've been really trying to use my kits, so I started with a Noel Mignon kit, Bedford Falls, which had some We R Memory Keepers (the green and the multi-colored piece) and Pink Paislee (the circles), and then started adding from my stash.


I used some BasicGrey Figgy Pudding (the yellow solid and the red-and-white stripe). The We R Memory Keepers paper has nice raised snowflakes on it. The holly is cut from a K&Co border sticker.


That greenish gray was very tricky, but I found a BasicGrey solid in just the right color, and then I inked some gray foam Thickers with some old Hero Arts sage green ink, and it matched the color pretty well.


You must go check out the reveal of Case File No. 1 and see what the design team and guest designers made! I do hope you will play along! I would love for you to join my site. You will have so much fun!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!


5 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

Very pretty! Love your challenge!

Lynn said...

Love the page. Its just so much fun and different.

Fi said...

YAY!!! Its seems like forever since this was in the pipe line so glad the time has finally arrived. The site turned out perfectly and judging by how many members have popped up their layouts out already they are just as excited as the design team. Thanks Debbi for your long hours of work you've done. Gorgeous layout as well.

Tanya Tahir said...

Hi Debbi, wow I have been so out of the loop! Congrats on this exciting venture, it looks amazing! I am off to check it out and sign myself up right now :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Huge congrats on the launch of this amazing site!!!! HUGE congrats! So happy and excited for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails