Friday, June 8, 2012

Queen for a Day {CSI Case File No. 23}

Case File No. 23 is open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, and we think this week's Case File is the bee's knees! When I came across Susan Mitchell's whimsical little bee in my search for royal images, I just knew I had to use it for one of our June Case Files celebrating the Queen's Birthday month.


Here is the page I made. I decided to go for the "Queen for a Day" angle for my journaling. Evidence I used is flowers, bees, a crown accent, stripes, something translucent, and a border punch.



I used the current sketch at Once Upon a Sketch and tied their prompt about journaling about birthdays into my journaling. Nadia makes such pretty sketches!


Here's a peek at my journaling, which I wrote on one of the spots from this week's CSI Coordinates.


And here are some close-up details. I always love digging through my stash to find the right colors. The flowers came from various K&Co. papers. Those white and green flowers and leaves came from an old paper by Polar Bear Press. The pink quatrefoil paper is Echo Park Victoria Garden and is the perfect shade of pink. The Green polka dot is Simple Stories. I love the shimmery sheen it has--didn't realize until I was out in the sun photographing my page. The little "To love..." quote is from the CSI Coordinates. I added a bee rub-on--found those on one of the 7Gypsies rubbings sheets.


I've had this scroll-y frame chipboard piece FOREVER and when I saw the sketch, I knew it was time to use it. I drove myself crazy covering it with paper and sanding it (as you can tell, I didn't do a perfect job), but the pink My Mind's Eye paper was a perfect match. I added 7Gypsies rub-on crown to the top. I thought the Martha Stewart border punch I used looked sort of like the top of the inspiration image. The yellow polka dot paper is by My Mind's Eye, and the white-ish paper is by Crate Paper.


I was tickled to discover this translucent yellow flower in my stash that I had bought eons ago, I think from Borders. The sparkly letters are Thickers, and the striped paper that you can see in the shot below is by K&Co. The leaves are a die-cut by Cheery Lynn Designs.


This fence is by Cheery Lynn too. I mounted it with foam adhesive.



The reveal at CSI is, as always, just gorgeous. I hope you'll come over and take a peek and play along. Our sponsor, Little Black Dress Designs is giving away THREE prizes this month!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and reading about my page!


19 comments:

Lynn Murphy said...

Beautiful colors and page. I just love your style.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow!!! This is seriously GORGEOUS!!!!! :D

sandi said...

Oh Debbi this is fab! Awesome take on sketch...a real beauty! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Riikka said...

Amazing details! Thank you for visiting my blog :)

Sarah said...

Debbi!!!! Great to 'hear' from you again! I wondered what you had been up to since CCG? Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. I have just discovered CSI and can't wait to have a go at soome of your challenges!!
Your LO is beautiful I really love your work!!

phamil said...

Oh my, I just love your work! This is such a wonderfully created page! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!! This page is gorgeous!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful layout! LOVE your floral cluster and delicious textures, and this color palette is divine!

Cathy Lane said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous page Debbie :) Love all the beautiful details and fabulous journaling too :)

Lizzyc said...

HI.. oh this is so lovely! the colors are gorgeous, and all your layers and papers really do compliment each other and make for a delightful layout!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog! I love your layout for OUAS... love the vibrant and bright colours and the gorgeous layering....really a gorgeous layout!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

woohoo! Nice to see you at OUAS again :) How special are you made to feel hey ? Thats just awesome. Love the layering Debbi and just love your journalling. Take good care and enjoy your summer scrapping :)

Fluffy said...

Farzad is a big softy! but how could he resist making his beautiful wife feel like a queen!! I love the layers of flowers you have created, and the border across the top is perfect for the crown theme! Hugs Tx

Jeni O'Connor said...

Debbie awesome colour and layering. Beautiful pic. Thanks for joining in our challenge.

Christie Bryant said...

Such a great layout, I absolutely love the colors!! I think I may have to play along with your Case Files. :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I don't think I could love that inspo photo more if I tried!! Your page is absolutely delightful!!! Love your journaling and your ability to layer is masterful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Gorgeous page, Debbi! You are just so good at adding a ton of beautiful detail to your designs! I love that fancy chipboard frame and the little fence, too, and the cluster of flowers is stunning!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

How charming to send flowers 31 years into a marriage! Love your layering and attention to detail.

dstandard said...

WOW Debbi - yet another amazing page - your details are always so right on targer!

Eila Sandberg said...

I think you are Farzad's queen every day! he is such a sweet guy and you are the cutest couple ever, love that he sends you flowers - such a typical loving thing to do of him. Your page is gorgeous, always so full of the most amazing details. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails