Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Cut Above {CSI + OUAS Case File No. 36}

We have exciting things going on at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this month! A few months ago, Nadia Cannizzo asked me if CSI would like to pair up with her Once Upon a...Sketch challenge for a month.Well, of course, I thought it would be a fantastic collaboration, so for the month of September, we've got a super-duper series of Case Files that include Nadia's fantastic sketches. Her design team is joining CSI as Special Agents this month, and the CSI Detectives' work will be displayed at OUAS (we're divided into four teams, so different Detectives will be appearing at OUAS each week).


I've made another page for Monica's book. If you know Monica's story, skip ahead. If not, read on. Monica is my best friend's daughter.  Her 23-year-old husband just died in July after a 6 year battle with bone cancer. Monica and James have thousands of photos on their Facebook pages, and I've been grabbing them from there to make Monica a book so she'll remember the many happy memories in their short life together. 

Clues I used: Evidence: Mesh, leaves, fibers, tone on tone, curved, organic shapes; Testimony: speech bubbles

Thanks to my good friend and scrap buddy Tracee Provis for the title!



Here are a few details. I think I got these flowers from AC Moore in the flower department. The leaves are cut from a Scenic Route paper.


The background paper is from the Coordinates. I printed it on textured cardstock. I found a couple of tone-on tone papers to meet that part of the challenge. The speech bubble and "over the top" are from the Coordinates too. I found some mesh that I've had in my stash forever, and it perfectly matched the colors.


I used some burlap for my banner and added some fiber in the same shade (another bit of tone-on-tone for the challenge). I have SO much fiber from back in the day. The skeleton leaves are also really old and were perfect for this challenge.


Most everything on my page is pretty old. The letter stickers are from one of the original BasicGrey collections--Motifica. I tucked a little Prima bling in here.


We have an amazing reveal. You must go check it out. And I hope you'll play along this month. We're having a design team call, and maybe you'll want to give it a whirl and see if being a CSI Detective is something you might like!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!






21 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

love the added burlap & mesh.. another GORGEOUS layout Debbi!!

juscrap said...

Stunning page Debbi!! Love all this. hugs

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the flowers and LOVING the banner!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

For some reason my computer wouldn't download the co-ordinates:(...love how you've used them & that burlap bunting is soooo cute!!!

Kelly Foster said...

Oooh how fabulous! How sweet of you to make this album for her, I'm sure she will love it...the textures and layers are all so wonderful!

leesa jhon said...

Military Challenge Coins
It is just superb post thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful Debbi!! Love all of the great texture from the flowers, burlap, and stitching!!

Lynn Murphy said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love all the textures going on.

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Debbi
This is gorgeous,love it!!!
I left my email in another post to receive the E-book Creative, but I leave here again, I'm waiting, thanks
kiss.elisabeth@gmail.com

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

This is such a heartwarming page. TFS.

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is gorgeous, Debbi. Great take on the colours and I love what you did with the sketch. Those large flowers are so pretty. Beautiful layering too! TFS!

AnnieC said...

Brilliant colours and textures on this page and clever title - also love all your layouts at the top of the blog Wow!

Helen Tilbury said...

Beautiful layout - love the colours and textures!!

Aline Marengo said...

Hi Debbi

Amei sua página... linda esta paleta de cores!

Xo

Eila Sandberg said...

He he takes a crazy Brit to come up with a clever title like that! you work these colours so well, always have and my goodness how much pretties you have in your stash. This is absolutely gorgeous Debbs! xoxo

Cathy said...

Gorgeous page Debbi.. adore all the beautiful textures and details!!

Sandie Edwards said...

Thanks for the stunning inspiration!! Gorgeous...

Romy said...

We really enjoyed this wonderful team-up at OUAS:) Your take on the sketch and case file is simply stunning. I love the different textures, your maskwork and all the fabulous, little details. Thank you for playing along at OUAS!

annette said...

another awesome page Debbi .. love how you are using your 'had forever stash' to some scrappers it's new !!!!... loving your album will be a fantastic tribute to James .. with these great memories ..

Georgia Heald said...

Just beautiful Debbi! Gorgeous layers and love your touch of fun with the speech bubbles. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

Vicky Alberto said...

Really fantastic lo... Thanks so much for playing along with the OUAS challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...