HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My turn!

It's always fun getting a color swatch from Janet to make my layouts for Color Combos Galore! But this week, it was my turn to pick the colors. Here's what I came up with:

Even more fun was naming the colors. I started with the raspberry color, and "Raspberry Beret" by Prince popped into my head. As the Prince song played in my head, the olive color came to me from the line "I think I love her," so that turned into "I think 'Olive' Her." I couldn't come up with anything else for the other colors from that song, so I went in search of other Prince songs and came up with "Diamonds and Pearsl" for the white and "Blue Light" for the teal.

Yeah, I know. Corny. But fun, I hope!
So here's the page I made with this color combo:
That's Farzad and me, from when we were dating, back in 1981. I actually had a raspberry colored beret back in the 80's, but I couldn't find the picture when I wanted to make this layout, so I went with this one. I've started re-doing some older pages from back when I started scrapping. This is one of my extreme makeovers. Wanna see the original? Really embarrassing, but here it is (the pictures were taken at the National Zoo, which is why I chose that crazy animal print):

7 comments:

iza said...

great lo...love the design....

Murphy's Law said...

awesome lo and colors!!!! yum!! and the names of the colors rock. bwahahaha pun intended. snort. and omg. i so have pages like that. and they are hidden and will stay that way until there's a do over. lmao...

Carol Clayton said...

LOVE your color combo, Debbi, AND the names you gave the colors! Also, your page is GREAT, as always!

LG said...

you LO is so gorgeous! I love it and that color combination is perfect

Dalovely Damanda said...

Ok, I LOVE your "corny" color names that you came up with! Your work is always great!

salme said...

I love your blog, so much beauty here!

Gorgeous, Beautiful, Pretty, Cute ---- I think I'll be running out of adjectives! hee hee

Tere Azua said...

Debbie, you got a blog!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know!!!! Oh i'm so happy i found it.
You are one of my favorite scrappers!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...