HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Prettiness from Scrap for a Cure

As I blogged earlier in the month, I'm the February guest designer for Scrap for a Cure. Their February Kit, called "French Kiss" is full of all kinds of prettiness, perfect for scrapping Valentine's layouts but also for just about any topic. Here's another page I made using this wonderful kit. I thought the BasicGrey paper that came with the kit was so elegant and perfect for this page about my husband taking me to a very fancy restaurant on my birthday. The yellow swiss-dotted paper complemented the yellow in my husband's shirt and in the food pictured in my photos. The fabric Thickers that came with the kit were green. I wanted black letters, so I thought I'd try painting them. The fabric took the paint so well and dried so fast. I'll definitely be trying this again!


Here are a few detail shots. I just love that Pink Paislee rub-on border that came in the kit!

I also used a rub-on from the same set to adorn the journaling spot:



Something neat that Scrap for a Cure does is include something special that's exclusive to their kit. French Kiss came with this adorable yoyo flower:


They also include in their kits what they call a "Lagniappe"--a little something extra. This kit came with some Shimmerz Spritz, which was so fun to play with, some pretty cherry-colored stamp ink, and some fun red envelopes, perfect for tucking some Valentine love notes into! What I find most wonderful about Scrap for a Cure is their mission of giving back. Every quarter, they choose a charity, and donate five percent of their sales to that charity. This quarter's charity is Covenant House, an organization that provides shelter, food, and care to homeless children.

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to join up with Scrap for a Cure's design team this month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...