HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, May 31, 2010

CP4U - Motherhood

This week at Creative Prompts for You, our prompt was to combine the topic of mothers with the image of this quilt: I so need to learn how to photograph my layouts. The scan of my page just doesn't do all the sparkle and texture and pretty colors justice. I used an old Urban Anthology kit from last summer and a bunch of elements from my stash to make this page. The scalloped border at the top is mounted with pop dots.

Layout inspired by Creative Scrappers Sketch #65

Here are a few detail shots. That leafy branch is stamped and embossed with distress embossing powder.


I wasn't sure if that butterfly would stay adhered with glue, so I sewed him on.
I love those BasciGrey microchip letters. So perfect for my 8 x 8 pages. I sure wish they'd make some more colors and styles.

3 comments:

tracy said...

What a beautiful layout. I love how you used layering and collages to pake this page really stand out. The butterfly and the bling trail you used are gorgeous as well as the scalloped papers. Tfs

Murphy's Law said...

beautiful lo. so girly and sparkly and i love the pp and colors. and that pix of you and your mom is wonderful!!! love it!

BabyBokChoy said...

BEAUTIFUL interpretation, seriously gorgeous layout!!! I love the circle element you added, great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...