HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, July 19, 2010

Leaping Lizard! {How Much Is Too Much #138}

So, my sweet little beardie Stumpy just died a couple of weeks ago, and I bought another little guy last week. He's so tiny and adorable but SO skittish, and that got me remembering this old childhood memory about a lizard I once had. I scrapped about it for this week's challenge at How Much Is Too Much? Amanda made a challenge based on the word "Summer," and we had to use:

S - stamps (dig out those stamps that you never use!)
U - at least one photo of U! (ok, so I took a little liberty with this letter haha)
M - metal (brads, staples...use any kind of metal)
M - markers (yup...do some doodles or marker work)
E - embellishments (use lots and lots!)
R - ribbon (use at least 3 different ribbons)

This was a really fun challenge. Got me to dig out some stuff I haven't used in a while. Just about everything on this page is really old. Somehow I didn't get the "different" part of the 3 different ribbons until after I was nearly done with my page and was checking back at the challenge. I did use 3 pieces of ribbon, though. And I'm terrified of doodling (afraid I'll irreversibly mess things up), so I used my marker to outline the letter stamps and the deco-scissored edge of my circle. 

(A note: I was stuck where to start, and as I often do when I'm stuck, I pulled out my swatches from Color Combos Galore and chose an older color combo--#64.)

To read the sad tale of the leaping lizard, click on my layout for a larger view.


I love the Night Light papers by October Afternoon, especially the little monsters on the Louie print, and I love it when there's a perfect opportunity to use them! Ribbon always stumps me on these challenges, and at the last minute, I thought of adding a ribbon to the little lizard. With the ribbon, he sort of looks ready for take-off, doesn't he?

Word stickers are one of my favorite ways to embellish my pages, and I love finding just the perfect ones for my pages. I found three to go with this page: departure, lost and found, and secrets.


I think I earn points for breaking out my Poetry Dog Tags that were all the rage about 7 years ago and using them for the metal part of the challenge--they don't photograph well, so in case you can't read them, they say split, free, and dead.


I used Studio Calico letter stamps and mounted some of the letters on pop dots for a "leaping" effect. I had my letters all picked out and discvovered that this sheet of letter stickers didn't have any A's. How weird is that? But I was all set to use those letters, so I decided to turn a V upside down.


Come take a look at what the rest of the team did with this challenge, and I hope you'll play along with us. There will be a really fun RAK this month!

2 comments:

Camila Borssoi said...

Hi Debbi, Thanks for visiting my blog.
Congratulations for you too, and it'll be nice to work in this great team.

Murphy's Law said...

sorry for your loss. pets really get ahold of you. i love the lo!! all the fantastic embellies just make it rock and of course the colors. yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...