HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, July 16, 2010

Totally Tropical (and Really Refreshing) Combo at CCG!

I woke up to an earthquake this morning! So freaky. We never get earthquakes. It was only 3.6 in magnitude, but that's the biggest in this area that the USGS has ever recorded here. Farzad said he felt it when he was in the shower--thought something fell on the roof. It woke me up.

On to scrappy business. Challenge #151 is live at Color Combos Galore! And what a fantastic, summery, happy combo it is!

I instantly thought "tropical" when I saw this page, and then I saw that bowl of nuts on the table and that decided which photo I'd use. I made this page for my book called "Reasons." It's an album of random little reasons I love Farzad so.  I love that he's not one of those stuck-in-the-mud "macho" men who's too inscecure to have fun. That's my equally secure brother-in-law with him. I dug out some really old stash to make this page:
 

Part of the CCG challenge is the "Designer's Challenge," where we gather inspiration from the photo on the inspiration board. Here's how I gathered inspiration for my page:
  • the bowl of nuts = two nuts wearing coconut bras
  • the pom-pom flowers = flowers on my layout
  • the glasses = the glassy surface on the decorative brads
  • the table on which everything sits = the orange strip at the bottom
  • celebration = birthday party pic
  • white wall in background = white background in layout
Come check out what the rest of the team did with this combo, and play along with us! It's really, really fun!

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Your page seriously blows my mind, it is SO SO SO good!! I love love love that combo! But it's your page that makes me want to try it, I hope I find some time to try it. Saw your post on 2peas, congrats on the December ST pub!!!!! I will actually have a copy of that issue too, so I look forward to seeing yours!!!

Trish said...

Love the layout, Debbi!! And an earthquake--holy COW!!

Murphy's Law said...

the lo is so bright and fun. and you dh is such a good sport. lol!!! love your lo's of him!! oooo congrats on your pub too!! 'bout time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...