HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, October 1, 2010

Creative Prompts for YOU!

...and it should've also been for me, but I goofed! There was an "all play" challenge at Creative Prompts for You, hosted by Team A, and I'm on Team B. I had a total bonehead moment when I thought the all play was for all of team A. Sigh. It's a really fun challenge and I missed it. Here's the challenge, crafted by Team A:

Nicole - use twine
Ro - use some masking tape.
Regiane - use tissue paper
Natalie - use paint to make a mess!

I did play last week, though, and that was a cool challenge too (they're ALWAYS cool challenges at CP4U). Here was that prompt:



And here's what I came up with. The theme of the fashion photos obviously inspired the topic of my layout. This is a layout for an album documenting my weight-loss journey. I've lost almost 60 pounds so far, and it's a major accomplishment that I'm wearing jeans!

This was a tricky challenge for me since the first thing that drew my eye was all the neutrals. I love to scrap with lots of color. I chose muted colors along with lots of neutrals for my layout. The trio of narrow, vertical photographs inspired the basic composition of my layout. I took some details from the clothing to embellish my page. From the first picture, I drew from the blue carpet (yes, I admit--I staged the photo and wore a blue shirt that I thought matched the blue in the inspiration piece). The boots in the second photo led me to add the row of brads on the right side of my page. The fuzzy collar on her coat reminded me of all those crazy fibers I just had to buy when they were all the rage but are now gathering dust, so I added some fuzzy fiber to the dress form. The belt in the third photo inspired me to dig out an old metal buckle that's been languishing in my stash for years.

Overall, I was trying to add elements that felt like fabric. The plaid patterned paper reminds me of fabric; the ribbon, lace, and silk flower are all made of fabric; and the chipboard dress form has a fabric finish. Finally, I added those word stickers saying "Fabulous" because that's what I always imagine fashion designers and fashion photographers saying as the models are strutting down the runway!


Go check out what the team did for this challenge and the current challenge. Be sure to give the current challenge a try--there's a chance at winning a gift certificate to My Little Bit of Whimsy.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

ooooo you rock the neutrals too. love the fonts. yum!

Colleen said...

Congrats! Great layout and you look fab too! I'm back at WW and have lost 30lbs myself though nowhere near done! Awesome job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...