HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A New Creative Prompt


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you have imagined.

--- Henry David Thoreau ---

This quote is our prompt this week at Creative Prompts for You.

As soon as I got this assignment, I knew I would be making a page about my husband for my ever-evolving book called Reasons, which chronicles all the little--and not so little--reasons I love him so.
 
At the age of 55, Farzad decided to go for it and open his own business--a Maaco Franchise (hence the garish blue in the photos). I truly admire his courage to go confidently in the direction of his dreams. I wanted to use primarily neutral colors because of the blue in the picture. I used the Office Party kit by Noel Mignon, which seemed perfect for this picture of Farzad in his office.
Here are a few close-ups. I used a 7 Gypsies brad I've had for ages to top the o. Love those old K&Co labels that look like Dymo tape. Sometimes the words sound kind of cheesy, but I think they work for the message of this page.


I raised up the border at the top on pop dots. Isn't that wooden piece fun? And I used a stamp from one of my favorite stamp companies, Catslife Press. They made the "Reason No." stamps at my suggestion!


And another favorite stamp--the cool coffee stain stamp by Studio Calico from one of their kits last year. I used embossing powder on this.


This corner needed a little something extra, so I added three tiny brass brads to the label. I love how the Core'dinations cardstock looks when you sand it.


I added those strips with the circles at the last minute, when I decided my layout need a little more color.


You must go check out what the rest of the team did. Really cool stuff! I hope you'll play--it's a fun challenge, and there's even a chance at a prize from Paper Poppy kit company.

4 comments:

Alia said...

Debbi, I love the book you're making of your man!!

Murphy's Law said...

wow! another book "reasons". that is soooooo cool. i love your ideas and this page is an awesome testament.

Ella Swan said...

Popped over from CCG & am really impressed & inspired. YOur work is amazing - technically so skilled & artistically great too. Just what I aspire to in my work. Don't now the challenge site you mention so am off to check it out now - and good for your DH! Hope it all works out successful for him ;-D

FiKenward said...

Awesome page Deb, love the coffee stain stamp I so need one of those, getting tired of using the end of my toilet rolls...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...