HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Work in Progress November Kit: Not Just for Fall

The November Work in Progress kit certainly has a fall flavor, but as always, Trish manages to include an eclectic mix of papers and elements that make her kits so very versatile! I've shared some layouts in previous posts that show the autumn side of the kit, and now I'm going to share the other, brighter side. Here's a layout I made featuring a summer photo. The Little Yellow Bicycle "Savor" collection was designed, I think, for kitchen/cooking pages. I used a bit of that and the fun Bella Blvd cloud paper to create this page:


The blue border was from an 8 x 8 die-cut paper, which posed a challenge for me, since I scrap 8 x 8. I cut out the interior of the paper, leaving just the frame and pieced it together and filled it with the yellow cloud paper. I cut out one of the clouds and popped it onto my page with pop dots. I added some buttons from my stash and tied them onto the cloud with the baker's twine that came with the kit.


The kit comes with some cool canvas borders by Little Yellow Bicycle. Those, too, are designed for 12-inch pages, but I simply centered the border on my page and trimmed it. The blue frame that holds my title was from that same die-cut paper that I used to frame the top of my page. The blue parts of the design are glossy and look embossed.


Here's anther page I made with the kit that has a bright, summery feel. Trish had a post about teen idols on the WIP blog and she challenged her readers to create a layout using a similar collage. So I took the challenge! When I was a little girl, I was totally infatuated with Donny Osmond.


I used a border of one of the papers to frame my collage. Again, since the paper was 12 x 12, I had to trim it and piece it together. I placed my clouds strategically to cover the seams, mounting some with pop dots. Aren't those clouds so much fun? There are two cloud papers in the kit--a yellow one and a blue one. I can't tell you how long I've had that blue heart brad in my stash. So happy to use it!


And I thought glittery letters would be the perfect way to go with this topic.


I'm amazed at how versatile this kit is--I scrapped heritage, fall, teen idol, summer, and a friend picture all with the same kit--and still have so much left over to make more pages. Come take a look at the gallery and see what the rest of the team made with this great kit.



2 comments:

Alia said...

I love how you make everything fit your canvas size!! :)

Murphy's Law said...

the topics you come up with are soooo cool. you never seem to run out of ideas. same goes with your designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...