HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, December 17, 2010

An Elegant, Wintry Palette at Color Combos Galore!

Challenge 171 is live at Color Combos Galore, and we have a beautiful, frosty palette this week:


It's been the coldest December I can remember in a long time, and we've got snow on the ground today, but nothing beats last winter, when we had two monster storms that kept schools closed for two whole weeks. The CCG palette was perfect for finally documenting last winter. I had to photograph it inside because of the awful weather we've been having, so it's not the best picture of my layout:


Here are a few close-ups:

Those letter stickers are actually dark blue. I thought the Crate Paper print looked like frosty snowballs. The snowflake over the o in the title is from a package of cute sparkly Jolee's snowflakes I recently picked up.

The swirl is a K&Co sticker. It has a sparkly, frosty texture that was perfect for my page.


I got a chance to dig out those old beaded snowflakes by Jolee's that I've had in my stash forever.


And here's a picture of the ribbon I used for the Designer's Challenge.


 Thank you for looking at my page. Head over to Color Combos Galore to see the amazing work from the rest of the design team, and I hope you'll play along. These challenges are so much fun, and as an added bonus, you could win the awesome December kit from Work in Progress!


4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

These colors are so beautiful together, and look at that awesome layout of yours! I love all the snowflakes you used and the pearls and blings. I admit that I abhor winter, lol, so it's not easy for me to collect winter embellishments, but we did just have a snownami, I want to take some photos and perhaps scrap it, this is a brilliant example. You obviously looked on the bright side of two monster snowstorms :)

Alia said...

So frosty and icy! Another great palette!

Murphy's Law said...

wow. what stunning colors and all that snowy bling. yum~

Trish said...

Wow--SO beautiful!! I love how you always come up with something so beautiful, layered and CLEVER!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...