HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Inspired {CP4U #59}

Last week, it was my turn to provide the challenge at Creative Prompts for You, and this is what I shared:


I decided to use the basic color scheme and grid design as inspiration for my page, as well as details from each of the images in the prompt. Here's what I came up with:


The stacked teacups in the first square inspired me to use the sweet birdie in a teacup, trimmed from a Webster's Pages paper. The flower is by Recollections, inspired by the pink flowers in pictures 5 and 7, and the brad is K&Co.


The ampersand from the second image inspired my title. I originally had another title in mind, but when I was trying to figure out how to use the ampersand on my page, this title came to mind. The chipboard ampersand is Heidi Swapp, and the letter stickers are by Webster's Pages. That polka dot paper is My Mind's Eye from the Lush collection.


The newspaper sailboat inspired my use of text paper for the background and also these leaves, made by Recollections. All the paper squares are cut from Webster's Pages papers except for the two pink ones.


The swan from picture 4 inspired this part of my page. This swan was cut from a Webster's Pages paper. Their papers have so many beautiful images to cut out for that special magical touch! I should've added some jewels to her crown. I think I'll go back and do that!

I had thought of sewing the squares onto my background, but I didn't want to flatten them out. I had used my Distrezz-It-All to rough up the edges. Instead, I drew an outline with black pen.


Picture 7 inspired my square with the clouds. I embossed them with my Cuttlebug. I outlined the little banner, which was trimmed from a Webster's Pages Paper, as were this frame and turtle-riding fairy.


My little flags were inspired by the picture 8. I'm not sure who made the stick pins.


Here is mini-me--an old school picture. Wish I had pictures of me eating and humming but Mom didn't think to do take a snapshot of that. I desaturated the picture because the colors would've clashed. That cream-colored element is by Pink Paislee.


The CP4U team did some awesome work with this prompt! Love to see everyone's interpretations on the prompts each week. Go check it out here.

Thank you for stopping by and reading about my page!



9 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

what a fabulous page! Your embellishment and details are awesome!

Jasmine S said...

Debbi this is just gorgeous. I love your grid idea, the colors and papers are stunning and the embellies, fabulous.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

simply beautiful...the photo, the colours...the squares. All of it! This looks superb Debbi!

FiKenward said...

This is so beautiful Debbie, and once again I am amazed that you fitted all of this on a 8" sq page, so many beautiful little details to look at!!!!! Love it.

Murphy's Law said...

how pretty. i love the colors. awesome as always!

Lou said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Both the inspiration and your LO!! Totally gorgeous!!
Lou xx

BabyBokChoy said...

No one took those types of pictures, you know, eating and humming when photography is reserved for the rare occasions :) love your take on the prompt and the details on your layouts always delight!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Gorgeous lo Debbi. Love all the little squares; canvases in their own right.Agree with JJ about the photos.
And will you please let us in on the size/space secret of 8x8...?

Audrey Pettit said...

SO rocking the Webster's Pages here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...