HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WIP + CP4U = Fun + Happy!

The June Work in Progress kit is chock-full of colorful happiness, and it was perfect for challenge 67 at Creative Prompts for You:


Take a look at all the colorful goodies in the Work in Progress kit that I had to choose from for this page:


I used primarily Echo Park Summer Days for my page, but the kit has all kinds of other goodies in there. I scrapped some recent photos of my best friend's birthday. I was obviously drawn to to the bright colors in the inspiration photo, but also was inspired by the airplane, striped rug, and banner.


Here are a few close-ups. I got that airplane image from The Graphics Fairy. The clouds came from one of the Echo Park papers in the kit, as did the star stickers. I adhered all these on pop dots to give them extra dimension. I outlined the clouds with a fine tip pen.


The letter stickers that came with this kit are also by Echo Park and are so fun and whimsical. I turned a corner of the paper over to show the colorful side and added a piece of the same striped paper in the corner that I used at the bottom and secured it with a really old brad. It's from when I first started scrapping and you could only find brads at the office supply store! I still have a handful that I'm tring to use up.


I rolled over a couple of pieces of the striped paper to show the back, which has the large scallops on a grid. I finished my layout off by adding dots of Ranger's Enamel Accents, which is really easy to use--just squeeze onto your layout and perfect puffy shiny circles come out.


Thank you for taking a peek at my first June Work in Progress page. I will be posting the others I made in the coming days.

4 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

happy happy colors. love it!

Rachael Funnell said...

FAN FAB U LAS Debbi!!! So Fun & bright Love it....

Heather Jacob said...

awesome, gorgeous, wonderful ..great colors and techniques .... hugz x

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lovely and colorful....congrats on the honorable mention on Once Upon a Sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...