HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet Marnie {CS 175}

Our sketch at Creative Scrappers this week is a very interesting and fun one! I just love playing with sketches (especially Creative Scrappers sketches) because it gets me trying out new designs that I wouldn't have thought of. The vertical design, broken up by the horizontal strips, is something I haven't tried before.


Our team did a fundraiser for our field trip last spring where we scooped ice cream for Marble Slab Creamery, and one of my teammates and I stayed after for an ice cream and I took some pictures. I thought these pictures would be fun for the sketch since it called for two photos. I journaled on the back some of the fun memories about why I love working with Marnie.

I used the Saltwater Taffy kit from Noel Mignon to make this page. I thought the colors were perfectly ice-creamy. I couldn't for the life of me get a good picture. It's been raining for almost a solid month here, so I had to take a picture in my kitchen. Grrr...


Here are a few details. I discovered the little Lily Bee banner stickers looked sort of like ice cream cones after I had them stuck down and and added some of the flowers. I hate when those revelations happen after the fact! The cute little birds were cut out of an Echo Park paper. I added outlines with a pen.


The Thickers are so sparkly and fun! I broke out some old Primas. Gosh, I only have 3 of those little milk bottles, but I still have loads of those flowers!


Go check out what the rest of the team made with this fun sketch, and play along! You have until Friday to play along for the September prize (see details on the Creative Scrappers blog).

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!


9 comments:

dstandard said...

Fabulous page Debbi - love your work - you always have so much eye candy!

Pam said...

Mmmmm! You are making me hungry for some ice cream! :-) I love the colors and embellishments. So yummy!

Marelize said...

Oh, the colours on this layout are just devine Debbi! Gorgoeus layout. :)

Wendy said...

I love the way you outline with black. It makes everything pop! I just LOVE your style! XOXO!

Karen said...

Such a beautiful page Debbi. I love the way you have used colours to suit the topic and the little cones you have created are just so cute!
Love your work!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

These colors are so yummy and summery...just beautiful.

Unknown said...

what a fun sketch, ought to try those verticals and horizontals, you nailed it for sure, and what fun photos to go with it!

scrapbookertink said...

Love the yummy colours and those cones.

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Your layout is scrumptious! The colours are ice-creamy...I totally agree, plus those gorgeous letters look as if they are sugar coated. Love the way you created your ice-cream embellies in the bottom right corner, and the pearl swirls look like sprinkles...it all looks yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...