HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pose - WIP October Kit

Last month, we went to a family reunion, and on the way out of my cousin's garden, my 92-year-old Gram stopped at a hibiscus tree and asked us to take a picture of her. Gram loves gardens and even more than flowers, she loves to pose for pictures! We have a huge batch of pictures of Gram over the years posing in all sorts of sassy poses. It makes me smile to see that she hasn't lost her desire to be in front of the camera!

She pulled that giant hibiscus flower down near her ear and smiled for the camera. I thought the picture was perfect to use with some of the pretty papers that came in the October Work in Progress kit, which featured some papers from Crate Paper's Farmhouse collection and Jillibean Soup's Sweet & Sour Soup collection.


Here are a few closeups. I cut those flowers from a Crate Paper print and added Stickles to give them some pizzazz and popped on some pearls for dimension.


The frame was the perimeter of a Jillibean Soup paper. I cut the center out. That green frame beneath the photo is a journaling card.


The title letters are from that paper I cut the above frame out of, and the "sweet clover honey" is cut from a sheet of similar labels on a Crate Paper patterned paper.


Thank you for stopping by my blog to read about my layout today!



14 comments:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Beautiful layout Debbi! I love all the layering over the doily. Oh, and your Gram sure doesn't look 92!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow... another master piece! I just love how you layer all your papers. Beautiful!

Eva said...

Super super cute Debbi! I love the big doily and the color palette!

Murphy's Law said...

what a beautiful page. i love all the girly and your gram. omg. she's beautiful and young.

Wendy said...

Another amazing layout! I love it!

Bente Fagerberg said...

I adore your layout Debbi! The layering is awesome and it has a softness to it that is very fitting for the sweet photograph.
So nice to hear that she has not lost her charming personality in spite of her many years.
We really miss you at your old team Debbi,...lol!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hey debbi! How are you going? Hoping you are OK! How is school? Feels like ages I have been here ...as you know I have taken a little break! Its nice to catch up with old friends again!
Now... This is so gorgeous. LOVE it! Love the story behind it and the beautiful colours you have used. Lovely work! take care!

Unknown said...

How awesome Debbi, this page screams fun, your colors are absolutely darling!

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

What a lovely photo of your gran! I had to smile though, because while my two grandmothers passed many years ago, my husband's gran (an absolute sweetie) also loves to pose for photos and she too has some sassy poses...it's too cute. Your layout is beautiful..those title tiles look fab, love the large doilie, you've done a superb job of giving some pizzazz to your fussy cut flowers...they look so pretty. Love the colours and the way you've framed the photo.
I've heard that you working on your own new site..can't wait for it to go live and to check it out. :)
Have a stunning weekend!

Suzy said...

Awesome page Debbi, love all the layering and the intricate pieces you have used and how you have framed it as well. Beautiful work as always.

Heather Jacob said...

how gorgeous and your gram looks fantastic .... a bright spark I would say by the look of her ... how fantastic to have her still here just amazing, and your page is awesome ... both sets my grandparents died before i was born... I love being a grandmother to my two grandies ... such a beautiful bond we have ... lots of love Heather x

Jenny Evans said...

This is just gorgeous Debbi!! I love all the layering, and the story behind the layout is just soo sweet and cute. It made me laugh a little!! Amazing job as always!!

jeanie g said...

I love your page Debbie. Yor Gran is like my Mom whose 90 years young. She even bats her eyes at her Consultant!! I love all the layers on this and the different papers you've used. Miss you on CCG. xx

Ella Swan said...

This is too beautiful & amazing that at 92 your gram looks so sprightly and wants her picture taken - too lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...