HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Scrap-It-Lah

Holy cow! Has it been a whole month since I've blogged? It's been over a month since I've scrapped, and believe me, I've been going through major withdrawals!

But I'm all moved into my new house, and I finally have internet (I tell you, two weeks without the internet made me a very grouchy girl), and my scrap room is almost set up, so hopefully I'll be getting in there real soon to make something.

In the meantime, I'd like to share a layout I made a couple of months ago when Helen Tilbury, a scrappy friend from CCG, asked me to be the November guest designer for Scrap-It-Lah, Malaysia's first non-profit challenge blog. The girls over at that challenge are so creative and sweet, so if you haven't had a chance to play, you must go take a peek at their blog. Not to mention their challenges are fun and they have a wonderful RAK up for grabs this month--a Studio Calico kit.

Here are the details of the challenge I had to follow:
 
All layouts must please incorporate the following
{thereafter any extras may be added}
 1. Layers - at least 6
2.  Stamping and/or embossing
3. Tags or journaling cards incorporated into your design
(not necessarily used to journal on but can be if you choose)
And here's what I made:


Lately, I've been on a mission to use up some of my older stash, and that's only been intensified as I realized how dang much I truly had when it went from drawers and paper carts and baskets into boxes as I was packing.  The layers part of the challenge was perfect for using a bunch of older stash. I've had that Narratives die-cut paper in my stash forever. I had to trim it down for my 8 x 8 page. The red paper between the blue and yellow is the B side of an old Fancy Pants paper. All the flowery paper is cut out of some K&Co paper I snagged on sale a while back. The yellow damask is Echo Park, and the red polka dot paper is by The Girls Paperie.

I decided to try one of The Color Room's palettes for this page, and since I knew it wouldn't be shared for a couple of months, I went with an older palette. I added green, from the leaves, but I loved the pink and red along with the blue and yellow.


My camera was having issues, so I only got a couple of close-ups that weren't blurry. I'd take more pictures, but my layout is packed somewhere and hiding. How I love those K&Co. fabric brads. I hoard them! You can see one of my layers is an old My Mind's Eye transparent frame. The bees are Pink Paislee stamps. I used embossing powder to make them nice and bold, and I mounted them with pop dots.


There's my favorite Cats Life Press stamp (Random Memories), which was made at my request. Such a great company! I used some old "vintage" Primas and a super-old sticker (#1 Mom washer word). I think the journaling spots are by Elle's Studio.


I'd like to thank Helen and the Scrap-It-Lah ladies for having me join them this month. Such a fun challenge and a great excuse to pile on the layers and pull out the stamps! I hope you'll take a look at what the design team made and join in the fun!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page today!

22 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Great to see you back in blogland and congrats on the move and glad you are settled.
Fab page and you have used the palette beautifully.

Mitralee said...

Moving is stinky! I am still not over mine and that was a year ago! Love your pop up bees a lot! This whole page is lovely and it all works together! Thanks for leaving me a nice comment! I consider you a rock star blogger so it was pretty cool!

Pam said...

I have really missed your blog posts. I'm needing some scrapbook inspiration and have missed seeing your creations. Glad you are back. :-)

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Glad you're back!!! Missed you :)
Love the layout, so much detail!!

Karen said...

Yay!!! You're back!! I have missed seeing your fabulous creations!
So glad to hear you are moved in and almost set up! Can't wait to see more laytous soon. I love all of the detail on this one.

Tammy E. said...

So glad I found your blog. Lots of inspiration here. Love this layout. Who would have thought to throw that touch of red in? Looks great!

Murphy's Law said...

woo hoo so glad you're all moved in!!! i love using stash up....and your page as usual just rocks!

Deb said...

Great page as always, Debbi, but what really touched my heart is your memory of the ABC game. My late mother (gone 18 years)used that same ploy to help my younger sister and I during long car rides. We loved it so much that we would play many rounds--as soon as we got through "Z, my name is Zinnia, my husband's name is Zander, we live in Zelienople where we sell zithers", we'd say "Again!" Thanks for prompting the heartwarming memory from my own childhood!

Denise Price said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. As you can tell, I really enjoyed your challenge.

I also enjoyed exploring your blog. I love that you scrap 8x8". That is such a fun size.

Blessed so much said...

I've missed you...! So glad you're back and moved in! This page is just gorgeous, Debbi. Great job with the colors!

Alicia

FiKenward said...

Beautiful page Debbi, love the use of the colours and all the layering. And who would have know that was old stash.

Marelize said...

A wonderful layout full of gorgeous colours and great dimension Debbi! Have a great weekend. xx

Unknown said...

Debbi Your'e back !!!!! I've been checking everyfew days and having a sad day when you hadn't updated....so I'm happy again....don't know what I'd do if my internet was down for 2 weeks, I'd have to talk to my DH and Kids !!! Love all the new pages and I'm looking forward to lots more...glad you settled in too and looking forward to seeing your craftroom if we may !

Heather Jacob said...

great to see you back and scrapping ..... this is soooooooooooooooooo gorgeous Debbi.. bright, happy and delicious .. hugz x

BabyBokChoy said...

woo hoo, back to the blogsphere eh? nice layout Debbi!! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

sandi said...

Wow Debbi this is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors you picked and your gorgeous mix! Welcome back to the scrappy world...glad to hear you're moved in now. Moving is such a chore!

scrapbookertink said...

Love this one, so colourful and lots of layers as always, hope you are enjoying your new home and wishing you many happy years there, take care, Doreen x

Bente Fagerberg said...

Yeayh, Just discovered you are back from moving, and scrapping again!
Love how you 'pile on the layers' as you put it.And you do it very well!
The colours are so bright and happy too!
That's such a fun old fashioned game....

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it, the colors are scrumptious, the layers marvelous, always good to come by and visit. Hope you are all settled in right now! Big Hugs,
Milagros

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Hello Debbi! Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog! And a massive thank you for your Scrap It Lah challenge! Yes I was very excited to have my layout picked up for publication - thanks to your fantastic challenging challenge! Love your work!!! Have a great weekend!!!

jeanie g said...

Yay you're back and blogging. This page is one of those delicious moments in life that make you feel all warm inside. Thank you for sharing. Hope your room is up and running really soon, Debbie. Hope it's a happy home too.xx

Eila Sandberg said...

Yay indeed! so happy the move went well and that you're back in blogland again. Too bad about the printer, your handwriting isn't bad at all - on the contrary, I think it's pretty! Hope you've settled in and are comfy in your new home. Loved this the moment I saw it over at TCR, really so pretty! you know how I love your layers. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...