HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bluebird Box Diary {CSI Case File No. 19}

Case File No. 19 is open for investigation, and oh, what a beautiful Case File we have this week:


Here is how I solved the case. I have been wanting to scrap this story since last spring, and now seemed the perfect opportunity. The clues I used: Evidence: Rosettes, birds, wood, small patterns, border punches, florals; Testimony: Diary format.

Our class participated in a bluebird monitoring project to help increase the population of Eastern bluebirds, which has been declining due to deforestation and predators. My photos aren't all that great because I had my camera practically inside the dark bluebird box. Sadly, someone vandalized the box and destroyed the box with the baby birds inside.


Here are some details. This was my first time ever making the paper rosettes. I bought a Martha Stewart scoring board with a 40% off coupon for the occasion. My blue flower turned out kind of lopsided--didn't realize how lopsided it was until I put it on the computer screen. Chalk it up to inexperience. I used the CSI Coordinates for my rosettes. The gray woodgrain paper is in the Coordinates, too.


I put an arrow so you can see the mama bird sitting on her eggs. She looked so scared when we opened the box, but she stayed right on her baby eggs. I received those lovely blue fabric brads in a RAK from my friend Jenny Evans. 


The polka dot paper is by Lily Bee design. The blue letters are by K&Co. and I outlined them to make them stand out more. The bird perched on the green Thickers is also by K&Co. The pretty brads are by My Mind's Eye.


I say it every week, but the reveal is just gorgeous, so you should hop over and see how the rest of the design team and guest designers solved this Case File, and I do hope you'll play with us this week!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!




8 comments:

Miranda said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colors this week. And such a nest is awesome. The color off the eggs suited right into this challenge!

sandi said...

Beautiful lo Deb! Such yummy colors this week!

Murphy's Law said...

Beautiful pages and your rosette looks lovely to me.

Tina said...

Such a lovely layout Debbi! Sad that the little 'experiment' was vandalized. ;( I love the rosettes created with the MS scoring board - I love that thing! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story and layout.

Meg Giroux said...

These is gorgeous! I love your colors, rosettes and banner pieces!

Patrice said...

We have some bluebird boxes, too...I love watching their life cycle! Great layout!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!! I love all the journalling and the way you did it. The colours are stunning - perfect for this subject! Sorry about the vandalising... that is seriously terrible!!! :( Goodness me! Anyway - you have scrapped this wonderfully! :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I adore this layout and the story is amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...