Here is how I solved the case. I have been wanting to scrap this story since last spring, and now seemed the perfect opportunity. The clues I used: Evidence: Rosettes, birds, wood, small patterns, border punches, florals; Testimony: Diary format.
Our class participated in a bluebird monitoring project to help increase the population of Eastern bluebirds, which has been declining due to deforestation and predators. My photos aren't all that great because I had my camera practically inside the dark bluebird box. Sadly, someone vandalized the box and destroyed the box with the baby birds inside.
Here are some details. This was my first time ever making the paper rosettes. I bought a Martha Stewart scoring board with a 40% off coupon for the occasion. My blue flower turned out kind of lopsided--didn't realize how lopsided it was until I put it on the computer screen. Chalk it up to inexperience. I used the CSI Coordinates for my rosettes. The gray woodgrain paper is in the Coordinates, too.
I put an arrow so you can see the mama bird sitting on her eggs. She looked so scared when we opened the box, but she stayed right on her baby eggs. I received those lovely blue fabric brads in a RAK from my friend Jenny Evans.
The polka dot paper is by Lily Bee design. The blue letters are by K&Co. and I outlined them to make them stand out more. The bird perched on the green Thickers is also by K&Co. The pretty brads are by My Mind's Eye.
I say it every week, but the reveal is just gorgeous, so you should hop over and see how the rest of the design team and guest designers solved this Case File, and I do hope you'll play with us this week!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!