HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This Picture {CSI Case File No. 24}

We're celebrating all things royal this month of the Queen's Birthday over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, and we've got another beautiful Case File this week:


Here is my page. Clues I used to solve the Case File are...Evidence: jewels, silver accents, crown accent, circles; Testimony: add jewels to my journaling spot and journal 3 interesting things about your picture (which I am just noticing somehow didn't make it onto my Case File! Oops!).

I love this picture and wanted to use it because it went well with the colors, but I couldn't think of an interesting story, so I just decided to write some little tidbits that came to mind about it.


I actually started out with the intention of using this sketch from Creative Scrappers, but I couldn't make it work exactly, so I started rearranging things and came up with the design you see above. You can still sort of see the sketch in there somewhere!


Here are some details. The pink background paper and the gray pattern inside this doily are BasicGrey. I added a 7Gypsies crown rub-on to the title--red chipboard letters are by Heidi Swapp. That little metal corner at the top is by Pixie Press.


These tickets I used for the journaling are in the CSI Coordinates--our free printables that Michele makes for CSI members each week. She's a gem! I added Heidi Swapp bling to the tickets. The gray letters are AC Thickers.



The frames were cut out of a Teresa Collins paper. That pink brad is by Pink Paislee. The pink music paper is from a Webster's Pages paper.


This red heart has been in my stash for nearly a decade. It's by Rebecca Sower. I tucked some lace between the pink and gray papers and added stitching around the perimeter of  the page. I didn't have enough of this  lace to go around the whole page, so I just did one edge.


Our design team and guest designers made some gorgeous projects. You'll have to go check it out. And be sure to play. We've got 3 kits up for grabs from our awesome June sponsor, Little Black Dress Kit Club.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!


8 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Love love love the page as usual. And the lace doilies are so pretty. its a terrific pix of both of you and I think your friend is right - he does look like Peter Sellers.

Heather Jacob said...

love it love it love it !!!!! those doilies are stunning, so crisp and lacy .. perfect touch to a perfect page .... love all the palettes Debbi ... sensational x

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, your page is so beautiful, Debbi! I really love your design and that photo is fabulous. Farzad does look like Peter Sellers there. ;) Love the doilies and love the scattering of pearls and gems. The tickets and frames are so elegant. Love the lace trim down the side and the crown on the title letters. You always, always add so many amazing details to your pages. I could stare at them all day!

Anonymous said...

Debbi! Beautiful work sweets! Love those frames, I am assuming you fussy cut them from a patterned paper! They are lovely addition to this!

Karen said...

Love this Debbi, such great colours in this Case File.
I would have to agree that he does look like Peter Sellers there!

dstandard said...

Fabulous page as always Debbi - I used that sketch too but just to use a Noel kit with.

sandi said...

Oh Deb what a fabulous challenge! Love what you've done with it. Such a pretty lo!

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous Debbi! I love the use of the doilleys, they look wonderful.. and I had a giggle, as I thought the man in the photo was Peter Sellars too!! a lovely take on the colors too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...