Here is the page I made. I turned 49 last month, and I decided to use a picture of me just before I turned 49 to list 48 lessons I learned from when I was 48. Basically, they came from things that happened from me last year and things that were on my mind at the time I was writing.
Clues I used... Evidence: rub-ons, leaves, bits and pieces, pastel chalk, wings (butterfly), frames; Testimony: Journal about lessons learned.
My original plan was to color my entire background with pastel chalks (I first applied gesso to my BasicGrey Basics paper and then rubbed on all 5 colors of the palette), but I didn't like the way it looked, so I would up cutting a piece of the pastel-colored paper to use. I liked it up with the background paper and stitched it down.
I struggled with my title and had about 5 different versions before I settled on thes one. I cut the inside of an old Fontwerks label to make a frame for the 48. The white border is also from a Die-Namics die. You can see the range of colors of pastels I used. I had meant to show more of that but I miscalculated when I stitched it down and didn't realize until after the point of no return.I was so upset and it took about 3 hours to re-figure how I was going to arrange everything on my page. Grrr...
The yellow paper is really old--by Autumn Leaves. The orange polka dot paper is by K&Co, and the little blue frame is by My Little Shoebox.
The green frame is by SEI. The "Notes" stamp, which I heat-embossed with American Crafts Zing powder is by Elle's Studio. I cut a little piece off of a patterned paper tear strip that said "coordinating pattern on the back" to indicate that my journaling is on the back.
Here are my 48 lessons, in case you're interested...
- Life is so fragile. (James, Richard)
- Life isn't fair. (James, Richard, Michele)
- Miracles can happen. (Ezra James)
- My problems are so insignificant.
- I am blessed beyond belief.
- Selling a house is one of the most stressful things ever.
- Buying a house is one of the most stressful things ever.
- Unpacking in a new house takes a long, long time.
- I never want to have so much clutter ever again.
- Buying shades for a house that has 35 windows is incredibly expensive.
- Moving into a new house makes you want new furniture.
- Trying to furnish a house that's twice as big is incredibly expensive.
- Maybe I should've declawed my cats after all.
- Living in a bigger, better house is satisfying.
- Having a bigger, better scrap room is amazing.
- I don't mind a longer commute.
- A longer commute helps me stay in touch with my friends and family via phone.
- I enjoy listening to books on tape while driving.
- That student who drives me crazy all year can eventually grow on me.
- People need to stick together to stand up for what is right.
- I can stand up for myself and refuse to be a doormat.
- I am too trusting.
- True friends don't disrespect you.
- If someone shows you who they really are, believe them.
- There are evil people, but there are far more people who are truly kind and good.
- I can make a website that's successful.
- Managing a website is very time consuming.
- I need to learn to delegate instead of doing everything by myself.
- Being able to scrap with my friends via Skype is so much more fun than scrapping alone.
- Saving five dollar bills is a great idea.
- I can walk a 5K, and I can do it every day.
- Exercising with a friend is actually fun.
- I am a stress eater. Big time.
- I need to learn how to deal with stress better.
- Missing Weight Watchers meetings is NOT a good idea.
- I should never have hit the reset button at WW.
- Carry-out really is NOT my friend.
- I should've worn my bite guard every night.
- I can get used to electronic cigarettes.
- I need to be firm and direct about what I want a hairdresser to do to my hair.
- Finding the right stylist is next to impossible.
- The United States is fragile and can be quickly destroyed by someone who intends to fundamentally transform everything our country stands for.
- We the people need to be vigilant.
- I am not alone in my beliefs.
- I need to take more pictures.
- I need to get out more.
- I need to slow down.
- A year passes so very quickly.
The picture below shows the little BasicGrey Offbeat rub-ons I sprinkled on my page. The little metal "Life" is by K&Co.
This week's reveal made me seriously smile really big. The colors are so happy, and the design team and guest designers' pages are so amazing, as always. You must go check out what everyone made. You'll definitely want to play. These colors are awesome! I hope to see your work in our gallery!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!