HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mutiny {CSI Case File No. 35}

We just opened our latest Case File last night at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. When I saw the image I used for The Scene, I fell in love with the colors and knew it would be perfect for our August theme.


I used Susan Stringfellow's Sketch #46 from her Sketch Savvy blog as inspiration for my page design. I always have a hard time scrapping two photos that have different orientations, and I knew Susan's sketches would be the perfect place to look for a starting point. I flipped Susan's sketch horizontally and vertically.


I made another page for Monica's book. If you know Monica's story, skip ahead. If not, read on. Monica is my best friend's daughter.  Her 23-year-old husband just died in July after a 6 year battle with bone cancer. Monica and James have thousands of photos on their Facebook pages, and I've been grabbing them from there to make Monica a book so she'll remember the many happy memories in their short life together.

Here's the page I made with this Case File. Clues I used: Evidence: Sun, heart, wood, photo corners, flowers, fruit; Testimony: I used a summer photo that Monica can use to document a summer, and a the phrase sticker I chose was inspired by the Inspiration Word happy.



Here are some details. Most of the stuff I used on here is pretty old, with the exception of the Martha Stewart doily. That mesh, which is the color of the beige in the palette, is ancient.Look at poor Jame's sunburn!


I made a sun out of the a lime cut from an old K&Co. paper. I was inspired to add stitched sun rays by my friend Tracee, who recently sewed rays on a sun she made.


The teal and green paper are old SEI papers that I thought were perfect for this Case File. The little tropical looking flower is by Prima, and the photo corner is by Heidi Swapp--really old stuff.


I didn't have very many tropical-looking flowers, so I used some yellow silk flowers. The metal-rimmed words are by K&Co.


I have so many interesting and wonderful textured papers from back when they were popular, and recently, I've been trying to add them to my pages. The yellow paper you see here has raised gold dots. I always love a chance to use my Fiskars wave border punch, and the yellow scalloped border is Doodlebug Frills. Remember those?


Not sure how that blue thread snuck in there, but it's not part of the layout. I just wanted to show my wooden heart button.


Gorgeous summery stuff to be seen in our reveal by the design team and guest designers. I hope you'll come play with us!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page! 



14 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous page, Debbi!! Love how you used these colors and you created such a fun, tropical look on your page with those awesome flowers!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the photos, the flowers and love love love love that stitching on the sun!!!!

Alicia Redshaw said...

Fabulous layout Debbi, I love how your layout is so fresh and clean, whilst still including inking and distressing.

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely, and the colors are very cheerful!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Oh what a fun way to use this sketch! Thanks for linking me. I just love the title and cute sun. I did this case file yesterday. I am waiting for the sun so I can take a photo. I didn't really do so well on the journaling prompt. Its a summer page though. I will post it later.

Murphy's Law said...

gorgeous page and fun sketch. love how your take. and she's so gonna love it.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Gorgeous page! I love the tropical colors and all of the texture, and the great stitching too! :)

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Such a wonderful page!!! So bright and energetic!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun and cheerful layout! Love the fancy hand stitching detail and all the layers!

Heather Jacob said...

wow wow wow Debbi this is fantabulous ... so much happiness oozing from the page x

Heather McMahon said...

So great to see a layout made with older products. We all have them! And I love that sun!

Johanna said...

Love your take on this sketch! And the bright colors and handstitching are great!

Eila Sandberg said...

Even if it has been said before, I really do love the sun and your stitching! the tropical feel is perfect with the photos. Ouch ouch ouch! poor James! You always dig up the most amazing stuff from your stash! xoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous page...love the color and the stitching. I hope you take a photo of Monica's when you hand her the photo book. I would love to see her face when she sees these beautiful layouts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...