HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, September 6, 2012

You May Now Kiss the Bride {Creative Scrappers Sketch #224}

The latest sketch we have up at Creative Scrappers is really unique and beautiful:


Right away, I had a vision in my mind to scrap one of Monica's wedding photos with the long, long title of "You may now kiss the bride."

If you know Monica's story, skip ahead. If not, read on. Monica is my best friend's daughter.  Her 23-year-old husband just died in July after a 6 year battle with bone cancer. Monica and James have thousands of photos on their Facebook pages, and I've been grabbing them from there to make Monica a book so she'll remember the many happy memories in their short life together.

I've been trying to play as much at The Color Room because I love their challenges but with all my CSI work, I never seem to have enough time, so I've been using the TCR palettes for my Creative Scrappers design team work. I used what was at the time the current palette:


So here's what I came up with:


My layout looks much prettier in real life. Here are a few details from my page. The frames on my page were trimmed from a Teresa Collins paper.



I had to use ribbon as part of The Color Room's challenge, so I tied a silver heart charm to the frame surrounding Monica and James. You can see I used an old K&Co. transparency. I've been trying to use more transparencies lately. I have SO many from when they were popular back in the day.


I've also been trying to use up some of my textured papers, of which I have TONS.


Here's a close-up of the flower. You can see I used silk leaves from some silk flowers. That rhinestone brad is really old. It's by Creating Keepsakes. I got a bunch of them at JoAnn years and years ago. They're so pretty but the prongs are a pain to get through the paper.


Here's my chipboard from the challenge in the form of glittery letters. I added pearls to the pink foam letters at the last minute. That blue damask paper is by Fancy Pants. I wish I had more of that paper. It's a pretty shade of blue.


Finally, I wanted to share this shot, but the lighting was really off at the time I took this picture. (I had taken all of the other closeups the day before.)  I couldn't digitally correct it, but I want to get this blog post done because I should've posted it on Sunday! My friend Tracee said the big doily on the upper left looked like they were missing something. She had suggested adding a date, but I didn't know the date. In the end, I decided to add some pretty printed vellum (which is a frosted white with silver writing. I added perfect pearls around the edge of the doily.


The team made some really fantastic layouts with this sketch. Go check it out here.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page.




13 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

That is so beautiful and romantic. I love it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! I love love love love the doilies and the title is PERFECT!!!!!!

The Constant Scrapper said...

I'm so happy you liked using this sketch, Debbie! Your layout is really gorgeous...a perfect wedding page. :-)
Janice

Marelize said...

Gorgeous page Debbi! Love the layering with doilies and transparencies. :)

Lizzyc said...

Another really beautiful layout!! stunning details!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the white on white...and the pops of colour...gorgeous layout Debbi.

Haven_mom4 said...

So beautifuk I love all the textures and layers in the Layout

Ashley Horton said...

Oh WOW Debbi, this page is STUNNING!! I love the white doilies on the white background and the transparencies are gorgeous!! My favorite page from you, to date!! And so special for your friend's album!

Lizzy Hill said...

So, so pretty...I have that transparency - what a great way to use it up! And I LOVE the doily - despite the lighting. You're really getting into that stash! Well done:):):) Oh, & the banners up the top? MY FAVE bit of all!!!!

Em Stafrace said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it...so nice to see you get to have a go at some TCR palettes you really created a beautiful page hun xox

Jenny Evans said...

I cannot get over how gorgeous this layout is!! Stunning in every way!!

Vivian said...

Such a beautiful page Debbie!!!

Have you considered pulling or cutting the prongs of the Creative Keepsakes brads off and just using a glue dot to adhere instead??

Ella Swan said...

Stunning layout Debbie! Full of gorgeous detail!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...