HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dream Kitchen {CSI Case File No. 45}

Case File No. 45 opened for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration on Friday.

I decided I'd document a favorite room. Actually my favorite room is my scrap room, but it's way too messy to photograph at the moment, so I thought I'd scrap another favorite room in my new house--my kitchen.

Clues I used: Evidence - woodgrain, book pages, silver metal, window, vintage text, textured paper; Testimony - Document a favorite room.


I've got most of my journaling on the back of my page, but there's a peek of it on the front. Here's what it says, in case you're interested:

I've always had small kitchens, and the one kitchen in my last house that I thought was big really was small because there were so few cabinets. The rest was just empty, useless space. When we bought our new house, it was like a dream come true. And the best part was getting to pick out everything, from the flooring to the cabinets to the countertops. We went to that design center again and again until I thought I had designed the perfect kitchen. Black granite countertops that gleamed like polished jewels. Beautiful cream-colored cabinets with custom pull-outs. Lots of recessed lights. Stainless steel appliances, including a double oven. The awesome island--I never dreamed I'd have a kitchen with an island. A walk-in pantry. Tile backsplash. And loads and loads of cabinets. I love every inch of my kitchen. Well, except for the stupid sink. I should've gone with my gut. There were three choices--a double sink, a single large sink, and the veggie-sink. I wanted to go with the single large sink. But Valerie at the design center kept going on and on about how I should get the veggie sink. Biggest mistake ever listening to her. I curse her name every single day.

Here are some details. The woodgrain paper in the background is by My Mind's Eye.That white grid paper is by BasicGrey. The green paper with the painty-looking brush-strokes is really old--it's by Rebecca Sower. The brads are BasicGrey, and the clip is Making Memories, also pretty old. The oborder punch in the picture below is by EK Success.


The striped paper is by Echo Park.The alphabet paper is by 7 Gypsies. I felt like my page needed some brown near the bottom, so I made a little banner out of some BasicGrey paper (Lily Kate).


My larger pictures didn't show my shiny granite counter tops, so I printed out a smaller picture and duplicated it. In order to not waste ink, I pasted a white rectangle in the center of the picture that was going under the top one. The cut-out flowers are from a BasicGrey Curio paper.


The chipboard window is by Maya Road. I decided to leave it raw to go with the gray in the palette. The brown label on the side is by K& Co. I added the "coordinating pattern on the back" tear strip to indicate that I had journaling on the back.


Come see what the rest of the team and our guest designers made with this Case File, and I hope you'll play along!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page.



15 comments:

juscrap said...

Stunning page! xoxo

Murphy's Law said...

gorgeous page and i love love love your kitchen.

Ashley Horton said...

This is beautiful, Debbi!! Love all of the layering and texture!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love that wood grain, the colors, the banner, just BEAUTIFUL!! And I loveeeeeeeeee your kitchen!!!!

Miae said...

Awesome job with this case!I really love how you worked the colors! This one kicked my butt..tried, tried, and tore it apart!

Heather Jacob said...

so beautiful Debbi, yes I agree there is nothing quite like a new functional kitchen ... I love mine too.So easy to create, work in and clean, absolutely love your layout too ... warm hugz x

Lizzy Hill said...

This is really, really nice...loooove your kitchen...that banner is really cute & I love how you've scrapped a couple of smaller photos, too....neat job:):):)

Eila Sandberg said...

Ay ay ay what a fabulous kitchen you have!! can see myself perched on one of the stools having a cuppa with you and chatting away about this and that :) Love all the treasures on your page, the beautiful layers and details. Gorgeous page as always Debbs! xoxo

sandi said...

Oh Debbie this is just FABULOUS!!! Love what you've done here! That challenge is awesome as well...hope to get time to play!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. oh wow this looks amazing, what a lovely kitchen, and excuse my ignorance but what is a veggie sink?? I have been in my home for 22 years so am really not up with all the new stuff for houses!!! I love all the layers and the special details of this layout.. really amazes me how everyone solves these cases!! love this!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful page Debbi. I love to see the beautiful Basic Grey Curio flowers peeking out behind your photo.

Ella Swan said...

Stunning Debbie!! Just love all your layering and signature teeny touches! Our kitchen is smaller & I would love the island but I do have the gleaming black granite & it is so smart and fabulous!!

Ella Swan said...

Stunning Debbie!! Just love all your layering and signature teeny touches! Our kitchen is smaller & I would love the island but I do have the gleaming black granite & it is so smart and fabulous!!

Ella Swan said...

Stunning Debbie!! Just love all your layering and signature teeny touches! Our kitchen is smaller & I would love the island but I do have the gleaming black granite & it is so smart and fabulous!!

Di Garling said...

Another STUNNER. I just love your attention to detail.
Cheers Di xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...