HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, November 23, 2012

Kitty Etiquette {CSI Case File No. 47}

Case File No. 47 is open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


Here is my page. I am so sad because Maggie, my sweet kitty on this page, died today. She was perfectly fine last weekend when I made my page. She all of a sudden got sick and in three days she was dead. :(


Clues I used... Evidence: Striped paper, floral paper, frames, gold metal, mesh, fabric; Testimony: Etiquette guide.

I used this sketch from Sketchbook 365 as a starting point for my page design.


Here are some details. My background paper is really old--by Fancy Pants. I've been trying to be a little more daring than usual by using stuff like gesso, and I swiped a bunch on my paper and then hated the way it looked, so I rotated the paper and covered up as much as I can. I kind of like the way just a little bit peeks out at the top.

The playing cards are cut from a Crate Paper Restoration paper. I tucked a little piece of mesh behind there that I had leftover from another layout. And I adore these BasicGrey chipboard letters. Love the polka dots and love the size, which is perfect for my 8 x 8 pages.


The flower is constructed of three flowers cut from a BasicGrey PB&J paper, and I separated each layer with pop dots. That gold brad is about ten years old--when brads started showing up on layouts in magazines, I bought a whole box of them at the office supply store. The striped paper is from Echo Park's Note to Self--that paper almost matches the palette exactly. The cream paper beneath it is by My Mind's Eye (Follow Your Heart--love that collection).


The polka dot below and the chipboard flowers are also from the BasicGrey PB&J collection. I found a little gold frame in my stash that I've had for eons. It's by Jest Charming. That tells you how old it is!


I cut the arrows from a PB&J chevron paper. That burlap is a little scrap I had leftover from another layout I made a while back, and I used it for the fabric clue.


I had planned to write my journaling today. I had it planned out in my head all week. I'm so sad writing it right now, remembering what a sweet, polite kitty Maggie was.

Miss Maggie's Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior
  • Be social and friendly to guests, even if they're strangers.
  • Don't go places you're not allowed. Even though you may want to come into the library, wait patiently outside and look longingly through the window.
  • Greet your parents at the door every evening when they come home.
  • Warm your dad's lap when he sits down to watch TV.
  • Go exploring, but just on the deck. Go back inside when told to do so.
  • Don't whine--just make sweet, soft little requests.
  • Learn to look directly into your parent's eyes, even though it's hard for you.
  • Fit neatly into boxes, bags, little spaces behind books on the shelf, or any other enclosed spot.
  • Allow your younger brother and sister to eat first. Sit patiently behind them until they're done.
  • Tiptoe quietly on click-clack kitty toes.
  • Don't scratch the furniture on purpose, even if your sister does.
  • Be ready to entertain your parents by running madly after the red dot from the laser pointer.
  • Even if you're sick, don't complain.
There's going to be more, but I'm crying and having trouble seeing through my tears. :(

RIP, Sweet Maggie. 

On a happier note, the reveal this week is fabulous, as always. Come see, and come play--lots of awesome prizes this month from three sponsors.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page.






24 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Ahhh so sad to lose a pet, sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers. What a beautiful page. Love the colors.

Petra said...

I am so sorry to hear about Maggie, Debi. I think I have an idea what you are going through. It happened to me over Easter. Don't be too hard on yourself. Thanks for sharing!
Of course another great page... :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh Debbie I am so sorry. So sudden. Your LO is beautiful and so wonderful that you have a terrific documentation of Maggie. Our furry friends get into our hearts and are family. It is always so sad when the loss comes. I lost one of my pups this past August due to sickness. He was only 7 and I think of him every day. I still have 2 pups but see the empty space where he should be. :( Thinking of you at this sad time. {{hugs}} Jen

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry...my heart hurts for you.. i love the tribute lo you made for her....

sarah martin said...

Oh Debbi, I'm so sorry to hear of Maggie's passing.
What a stunning tribute layout you have made.
I love the journalling xo

Lizzy Hill said...

So, so sad to lose your little friend....it's awful the emptiness of them not being there....it sounds like you have her 'younger' siblings around which is GREAT....hope your heart heals....feeling sad for you...take care:):):)
BTW...keep saying it - but I just ADORE how you're using up your stash - & those arrow/chevrons are perfect:):)

Lizzyc said...

Oh Debbi, I am so sad to read of your loss.. I hope in time your heart will feel a bit better... your layout is lovely and the journalling is so sweet too.. hugs to you...xx

sandi said...

Oh how cute and such a yummy pallette!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sooo sorry for your loss, Debbi! ((hugs)) to you! Maggie sounds like a wonderful, sweet fur baby, and I know she brought you much joy, as you did for her! I really love your layout! Love the color combo and love all your layers and details. The bits of burlap and mesh add amazing texture. Love the chevron arrows and layered flower. And as always, I love how you make really old stash goodies seem fresh and new!

Eila Sandberg said...

I think Maggie is purring softly in your ear at night when you are sleeping. Putting her paws on your chest and gazing adoringly at you before she rubs her face against your cheek and says mummy I love you. Sweet dreams mummy, I am here watching you and daddy every day.
I will leave love on your page over at CSI. xoxo

Helen Wallace said...

So sad Debbi. Your poignant words have me crying too. Your descriptive words give me a real sense of the personality of your darling friend....how lucky you were to have her in your life. Good on you for having a go with the gesso, it looks perfect, just at the top. Love how this site encourages the use of very old stash, 'cos it still looks good when teamed with newer stuff. xo

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your darling kitty. Your layout of her will be a wonderful memorial. Love your layering and the chevron arrow.

Adriana B said...

so sorry to hear of your darling friend....take care...your page is a loving tribute , thats for sure :)

Ashley Horton said...

So sorry Debbi, to hear your sad news. But this is definitely a great page to have, to remember her by!!

Ella Swan said...

I'm so sorry Debbi. As a huge cat fan and cat lover I feel your pain and understand your loss. How extraordinary that she was struck down so suddenly. I would feel just the same and struggle to deal with it too. She sounds like one heck of a cat & you've created a beautiful page for her!

Miae said...

Oh Debbi...big hugs to you! I'm so sorry to read the sad news about Maggie. What a wonderful page to remember her by!

Heather Jacob said...

awwwwwwwwwwww such a sad time debbi .. wonderful memories and you have scrapped this so beautifully and with love. take care my sweet xxoox

Deb said...

So very sorry for your personal loss and heartbreak, Debbi (being a lifelong parent of feline fur babies, I know all too well how deeply such love and loss touch us). Thinking of you and your hubby and Maggie's siblings as you all adjust to life without her. May your happy memories help you to smile even through your tears.

Riikka Kovasin said...

So sorry for your loss.
The page is really beautiful and detailed.

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbi, I am so sorry for your loss :(! What a lovely layout full of memories <3.

Ifa said...

I am sorry to hear about Maggie.You are lucky to have the sweet photos and memory of her. Thank you for joining our Sketchbook365.

Anja said...

Ow Debby, so sad! I only red your story today and I so feel with you on this loss. It brought tears to my eyes.
We would love to have our furry friends around way much longer huh?

Beautiful page you did on her!

Paula said...

So sorry to hear of your sudden loss. Thank goodness for our memories and photo's. A great LO and lovely tribute to your cat. Thank you for taking part:)

Morag Cutts said...

So sorry about your kitty. It is a gorgeous layout and a great reminder. TFS x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...