HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, December 21, 2012

NYC Xmas {Page Drafts Christmas Cheer}

I was tickled when Em Stafrace invited me to join a talented group of scrappers for her special series of holiday sketches at Page Drafts. If you've never used Em's sketches, you must give them a try! I've played with lots and lots of her sketches and they are so much fun.


Here is the awesome sketch I used:


And here is the page I made. I was pretty literal with the sketch. The photos were from a trip I took to New York City to see the Rockettes at Christmas with my mom and sister and some friends. I took a bunch of pictures and was happy to use this sketch to show some of the highlights of the trip.


The papers I used are by My Mind's Eye--Wonderful Winter, from a few years ago. Here are some closeups. This picture shows how sparkly the paper is. The sparkly chipboard snowflakes are really old--by Li'l Davis.


The cute snowmen and trees are from the same collection of paper. 


Here's a closeup of the banner flags--I hope they never go out of style--they always add a fun touch.


You must go check out the gorgeous work the rest of the folks did and all of Em's awesome sketches--she made seven especially for this holiday release! Lots of eye candy over there.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!



10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your lo!!! FABULOUS photos, the snowflakes, the little trees and the snowman!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooo you ROCK everything you touch!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh how lovely!!

Adriana B said...

great take on sketch, love it :)
wishing you a merry christmas :)

Lizzy Hill said...

This is fab...I saw it over at Em's blog....she DOES have fab sketches...& I'm with you, I hope banners NEVER go outta fashion , either!!!:):):)

Sandy Ang said...

what a fab take on the sketch

Di Garling said...

Fantastic take on this sketch Debbie. Merry Christmas. Cheers Di xo

sandi said...

Wow Deb love what you've done with the sketch! Such a fun lo!

Al Hannah said...

I adore this layout - stunning!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning layout...love all the layers and the gorgeous snowflake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...