HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday Give Back - Mel Stampz

I was just talking to my friend Michele Singh on the phone and we got into a conversation about blogs, and she said something about how she feels it's nice to give back to those who visit our blogs--she's always sharing beautiful sketches on hers, as well as her magical scrapbook pages.

So that got me thinking...how can I give back to my visitors? I'm not a sketch artist, and I'm certainly not that inventive when it comes to techniques, so I have nothing to share in that department. But I have amassed lots of resources and bookmarks, so I thought, well, that's something I can share. So I'm going to do my best to give back in the form of sharing a cool link or tip that I've come across once a week.

I'm not sure how I stumbled across Mel Stampz's blog, but I'm so happy I did, and I must share a little bit of what you can find on her awesome blog.You might already know her blog, as she has nearly 5,000 followers.


This generous and talented lady shares, among other things, beautiful printable papers. Here's her most recent set, designed with Christmas in mind, but they look mighty versatile to me!


Here are a few closeups of a couple of my favorite patterns from this set:



Mel also shares a bunch of tutorials with step-by-step directions. Check this out:


She also amasses scads of resources from other sources. Check out this post with 239 things you can do with your Cuttlebug or Big Shot.

I've only given a very small taste of what's on Mel's blog. You could literally get lost on her blog for hours and hours and hours and still not see everything she has to offer. What a generous soul.

The generosity of people in the scrap/craft world blows me away. I've encountered this kind of generosity at CSI numerous times. People willing to freely share their talent and time and inspiration. It warms my heart to be a part of the scrapbooking community. 





7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How awesome of you to share her site!! Off to check it out!!!

annette said...

thanks Debbi ... what a great idea !!!

Val-Belle said...

I love Mel's Stamps and have been following her for a while now.:D I think that this is a wonderful idea Debbi. Thanks for sharing :D

Lizzyc said...

Thanks for sharing her site, I will pop on over and have a look, and a true talent is one who creates and enjoys sharing it with others to enhance our scrapping.. thanks and I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the new year too!

Kelly said...

Oh wow! Thanks so much for sharing! I will enjoy it when I can. Thanks again and have a Happy New year! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Debbi - wonderful site

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Wow Debbi, I'm at a loss for words (in the best way). I just can't thank you enough for your kindness. What an honour! Happy New Year and thanks again, ox mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...