HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Page Drafts! (and last week's CSI page)

Happy Birthday to Page Drafts! The wildly talented Em Stafrace, creator of Page Drafts, invited me to help her celebrate one year of fabulous sketches. She's got an extra-special batch of sketches up this week, along with a gorgeous reveal from a wildly talented bunch of ladies.

Here's the sketch I used:


And here's my page. I really loved the composition, so I stayed pretty true to the sketch. That's my adorable Gram on her 90th birthday. (She'll be turning 94 this year.)


Here are a few details. Papers I used are Simple Stories (the gray stripe and polka dot and the aqua papers) and BasicGrey (background, the pink, the gray, and the black). That thin circle around the 90 was cut on my Silhouette. 


I love these foam letters by EK Success. Just wish they had more e's in the package.


Em asked us to add some bling, and I thought that was a perfect touch to add a festive feel. That sparkly metallic-rimmed brad is by Paper Studio. 


I used a Studio Calico template to draw those stars. The glittery brad is by Paper Studio.


Here's our current Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


I've been wanting to get a better picture of my layout all week, but the weather has been horrible.

I made this page for my friend at school (she's the friend I walked with this summer). Her mom just died about a month ago, so I'm going to make a book for her.

Clues I used: hearts, flowers, leaves, solid background, 10 layers, die cuts, fabric brads, punches, heart as a design element; Testimony: Document a love story (obviously, I'm going to leave the journaling up to my friend).


Here are a few details: The teal polka dot paper in the background is by Bo Bunny. The honeycomb paper is by My Mind's Eye, and the pink polka dot paper is an old scrap of paper--not sure who made it.The leafy stems were cut on my Silhouette. I love those old fabric brads by K&Co. I bought up a whole bunch of them years ago.


The heart was also cut on my Silhouette. The paper I used for the heart is actually copy paper. I bought a ginormous multicolor pack of it years ago when I first started scrapping. The pink was the exact shade as the pink in the palette. The word stickers are by Girls' Paperie.


I love these old hydrangea blossoms by Prima. I wonder if they still make them. My supply is starting to run low. The letters are by Webster's Pages.


You must go check out the spectacular work by the CSI team and the artists who partied with Em at Page Drafts.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading about my pages.


13 comments:

ALINE said...

Hi Debbi

I loved it... so cute!

Hugs

Lizzy Hill said...

I really like your CSI take - how you've used the black to highlight the pastels - looks fabulous...& you've still got your Mum with you - that's a VERY good age! I adore the 2nd page, too - it just shines with love - & that copy paper heart is great!!!!!!!:):):)

Murphy's Law said...

omg. I LOVE THEM both!! What fun and beautiful pages. Love the colors.

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

Debby how beautifull your nana´s page and also the page for CSi. I miss my grandma a lot.
Are all your pages 8X8? Really?
xxx

Em Stafrace said...

Both your pages are incredible hunnie, but I am especially a fan of the first one he he...Love your bright colour palette and fun photo's bet gamma adores this page. Thank you lovely for helping and supporting Page Drafts you are so so lovely! xox

Tracey said...

These are both just fabulous but I am absolutely loving the first one! Such an awesome take on the sketch!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! i loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love that big heart on the second one!! And WOW!! Your Grandma looked amazing at 90!!

Christy said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!! I LOOOOVE the grey, teal, pink combo in the first!

sandi said...

wow Debbi! LOVE both of these! Fabulous, pretty and fun!

sandi said...

wow Debbi! LOVE both of these! Fabulous, pretty and fun!

Ella Swan said...

What pretty layouts Debbie - both of them are gorgeous!!

Sandie said...

Awww such precious creations, I love them both.... and your Grandma doesn't look 90. How precious are those photographs....

Tamika said...

Both layouts are super cute really love Grannies though! She's hot to trot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...