HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sweetness {Case File No. 60}

Our Case File this week is especially sweet--I just love how these colors look together, and the team did some awesome work with this Case File!


Here's my page. It looks so much better in real life. I had a heck of a time photographing it. I finally got some sun and the picture still doesn't do it justice, but I'm happy with the page, and more important, I'm so happy my friend liked it. Her mom (pictured in the layout) just died right after Christmas, so I'm making a scrapbook for her.

Clues I used to solve this Case File...Evidence: Big(ish) flower, hearts, bird, layers, "icing," something glossy, solid white background; Testimony: I used the Inspiration Word sweet.


Here are some details. Most everything on my page is pretty old. Patterned papers I used are Jenni Bowlin (red lace), Scenic Route (script), Making Memories (polka dot), Crate Paper (XOXO), Daisy Bucket (red and white stripe and the floral behind the photo) and My Mind's Eye (yellow). Not sure where that flower came from, but the brads are by BasicGrey and Prima.


I love this ridged cardstock. I wish I knew who made it so I can order some more. How perfect are those Lily Bee letters--I love their size!


For my "icing," I used texture paste and made my own mask using some icky old cardstock and hearts cut with my Silhouette Cameo. Those who know me know that I like to journal, but it's hard to do journaling on these pages because I don't know Kathy's mom. Instead, I found this sweet quote that I thought was perfect for the photograph.


Love the old Martha Stewart Birds on a Wire border punch. I don't use it that often, but it seemed the perfect touch for this page. I also rescued a scrap of old vellum.


Come check out what the rest of the team did. And this is the last Case File to solve for a change at winning this awesome chipboard from our February sponsor, 2Crafty:


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!


8 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

This page is gorgeous. I love all the details especially the hearts. Perfect.

Lizzy Hill said...

SENSATIONAL....just LOOOOOVE those hearts down the side...they look fabulous & that cardboard really gives dimension.....love this colour combo...done mine, just gotta put it up:):):)

Adriana B said...

so beautiful page, love it :)

Val-Belle said...

So amazing I just love it. It always blows my mind when I remember it is 8 x 8... everything is just perfect.

Johanna said...

Such a tastefull challenge and your page is wonderfull!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your page is so beautiful and so sweet, Debbi! Love that ridged cardstock and love the subtle tone on tone hearts in the background. Lovely layering around the photo and cluster of goodies. Really love that quote you found to use. I know your friend just treasures this!

sandi said...

Love this! So cute and the perfect colors for this month!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So very beautiful. I love your masking, the texture of the hearts are beautiful. The stitching on the quote is such a lovely touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...