HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, June 28, 2013

She Said, She Said {CSI Case File No. 78}

We have a new Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


My good friend Tracee Provis is visiting me, and we've been having all sorts of adventures (and getting into all sorts of mischief). We decided we'd scrap the same set of pictures this week.

Here's my page. Clues I used...Evidence: Metal, buckles, travel accents, something glossy, stitching, stickers; Testimony: he said, she said (though I changed it to she said, she said):


I used a sketch from PageDrafts to make my page. Em's having a little challenge over there called "Be Bold." I thought these bold colors would go with the "be bold" theme, not to mention the topic of the page and the great big ampersand.



Tracee made a layout too! Here's hers. I made her Visiting Detective this week (I've been begging her for ages to join my design team).


The backstory to this layout is as follows. We went for breakfast and Tracee ordered a pot of tea. It came with this lovely doily. I asked the waiter if I could have a doily too (for scrapbooking, of course). He brought me two of them. We kept looking at these pretty lacy doilies. I wanted to ask for more but chickened out, so I asked him who made them. Brooklace was the answer (Tracee and I ordered 100 from a party company to split). Anyway, we were outside the restaurant taking pictures and decided we needed to get a picture of those doilies. Tracee is the undisputed Queen of Silly Pictures, so this is the result.

Here are some details from my page. The speech bubbles are from a We R Memory Keepers paper. The brads are by Colorbok. The stamp is by Hampton Arts. The "Take Your Measurements" sticker was added as a result of a stamping mishap that I had to cover up, and I love the humor it adds to my page!


The ink splats are actually from an old Stampin' Up stamp called Itty-Bitty Backgrounds. I'm so misting challenged.


Papers I used are by Crate Paper (green and dark brown text), Making Memories, stripes, chevron, yellowish paper), Chatterbox (green cross-hatch), and Simple Stories (red polka dot).


And here's a close-up of the pasties (i.e., doilies).


You'll have to come see what the rest of the team and guest designers made.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Adriana B said...

Fabulous page, love your challenge site. :)

Lizzy Hill said...

VERY fun, cool LO.....looks like you've got a wicked friend there!!! AND here's my CHALLENGE to you, next LO you MUST MIST...no more fake stamping it!!!!! G'arrrnnnnnn [that Oz for 'go on'].... you KNOW you can do it, yes you CAN:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Em Stafrace said...

lol you must of linked it just as I left the PD blog ;) Fantastic page Debbi, look at the two of you playing up with your doilies he he..fabulous work hunnie and thank you for playing along at Page Drafts xox

Em Stafrace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandi said...

Fabulous! Love the look of this for this fun challenge!

Unknown said...

What a fun moment to scrap I can imagine the two of you enjoying the tea while Tracee was secretly planning a way to use the doilies!!! Totally love the way you used the sketch!

Kimberly Kett said...

Sounds like it was a fun breakfast! LOVE that you both scrapped the same pictures, both of them are very well designed!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Oh those doilies are real pretty...and there is nothing quite like being silly with a good friend. Lovely layouts from both of you.

Unknown said...

How awesome you got time to spend together!!! loved both your pages ad enjoyed reading about the story ♥♥♥

Ella Swan said...

What a chuckle! So glad you girls got together IRL!! So Awesome!! You both did lovely pages too ;-p

Amelie said...

This is cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...