HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Pursuit of Crabby-Ness {CSI Case File No. 79}

So, I ended up making two pages for Case File No. 79.


This is the page I originally intended to make. Tracee and I were both going to use this Case File for these pictures of us at the crab house. We ended up doing our great experiment, which evolved into a page using these colors. You can see that page here if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I had my papers all picked out for this page, so I went ahead and made it after Tracee left. I instantly thought of the title "The Pursuit of Crabby-ness." Tracee was going to call hers "Shell Yeah!"  We were  both hung up on the position of the photos, especially Tracee, who thought the Enter picture should go first, but we were thinking the picture of Tracee would nicely overlap that wall in the picture of me. We went around and around trying to figure out how to make it work that we had put the pictures aside to concentrate on our experiment.

It came to me later that I could reverse the pictures, only I'd need somethign to fill in that wall space, so that's when I decided I'd pinch Tracee's title idea and put it in a speech bubble. The story in the little bag elaborates on our speech bubbles.

Anyway, clues I used are...Evidence: pinwheel, pom-pom trim, metal, stripes, polka dot, gingham, rub-ons. Testimony: Inspiration word: brave.


Here are some details. Lots of old stuff on my page, along with a few newer items. You can see most of the papers I used in this shot. Pebbles (large polka dot); Scenic Route (light blue and navy blue grid); Simple Stories (small red polka dot); Crate Paper (green); Echo Park (chevron arrows); Little Yellow Bicycle (gingham).


The little crab is a sticker from October Afternoon. I added some old Li'l Davis rub-on letters. The navy letters are by Webster's Pages, the tiny letter sticker are Jenni Bowlin--I matted them with navy paper and adhered them with pop dots. The red chipboard are old Heidi Swapp letters.The silver circles beneath the crab are metal dots by Cloud 9. They're not showing up very well because of the glare, but they're silver with white chevrons.


The navy lettering on the speech bubbles (which are cut from a Pebbles paper) are by Lily Bee. My hidden journaling reads: No trip to Maryland would be complete without a crab feast. Tracee had never picked crabs before, so we headed down to the Eastern Shore for crabs by the bay. Tracee's dismay was evident as I showed her how to rip off the claws, then the shell, and cut away the devil's fingers before digging into the prize of succulent white crab meat. She was a good sport and a brave soul, though, and managed to pick two crabs before the spice of the Old Bay coating the crabs scared her away. Tracee was very sweet and patient and indulged me while I sat for nearly three hours picking my crabs to get my money's worth out of out our all-you-can-eat crab feast. {Harris Crab House June 26, 2013} 


So now you know why I made two pages this week! Can't wait to see how Tracee scraps these pictures!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

You amaze me how you match the old scrappy stuff with the new- it looks like it all comes from one tailored made line!!!!!! And my DH is going to be sooooo jealous when I show him these crabby photos!!!!! Two completely different pages, too:):?

Lizzyc said...

What a fun layout! I love the photos and love the colors in this combo!! and great title as well!!

Murphy's Law said...

LOVE IT! What fun - shows how much fun the 2 of you had. Love the stash and new. That rocks.

Helen Wallace said...

What a fun day you had. it brought back happy memories of catching and eating crabs on the beach when we were children. Seamless blend of the older and new papers for a stunning look :)

Karen said...

You two have had an absolute ball together!!!
Fabulous layout Debbi, those pinwheels are super cute!

Tracee said...

This is a fab page and it has the added pleasure of being part of my memories too! I tried to like the whole "picking crabs" thing but if I'm honest I enjoyed the big slab of cake I ordered so much more lol Tx

Bente Fagerberg said...

I so enjoy your pages Debbi!! This one is no exception with such great photos and so many awesome details to enhance the moment!! Love it!...And I love eating crab too! :-)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How fun & beautiful! Love the titles heehee and all the clever details.

Audrey Pettit said...

Uh-dorable! LOVE the story of you two and love the fun play-on-words title and speech bubbles. You always, always have such amazing detailing on your pages. Just blows me away, every time!

Ella Swan said...

Hahaha! What a splendid page Debbie!!

Leonie said...

What a super page Debbi! You've really created a fun happy layout to match those fun pictures. Love your blog design, very cool! Em's designs are just awesome!

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is such an awesome and fun page. I love it that you incorporated your friend's words in the speech bubble.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...