HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Incredible Wandering Bone-Crunching Car {CSI Case File No. 83}

We have a new theme for August at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration with a whole new set of Case Files. Here's the one we just opened for investigation:

I'm back with another episode of Tracee & Debbi's Excellent Adventures. Tracee's layout puts mine to shame, but I'll share hers here.

Clues I used for my page... Evidence: stripes, labels, tags, travel accents, jewels, stamps, circles, punches, grid pattern, ledger pattern (all of them!); Testimony: Document a journey (of sorts).


Here are some details. As always, I've used a mix of old and new(ish) on my page. I was so happy to find this BasicGrey brad in my stash! the background ledger paper is pretty old, by 7 Gypsies. The labels I used are mostly by October Afternoon. I had wanted to use a different, larger compass, but couldn't find space on my page. I found this little one by Hampton Arts in my stash.


I never pass up an opportunity to use a Sassafras Lass monster. I have a confession to make. This is one of my favorite papers ever, and I had bought 3 sheets, I think. I was so worried I'd run out of monsters, I went in search of this paper. I looked all over the internet until I found what was probably the last sheet--and it was in a pad of paper, so I bought a 20-dollar-plus-shipping pad of paper to get two sheets of these funky monsters! Anyway, when you read my journaling, you'll get why I used him. Other papers I used are by Mustard Moon (brown ledger), Sassafrass Lass (red circles); Webster's Pages (diagonal Stripe); October Afternoon (map paper); Echo Park (arrows and tag).


I used an arrow to point the reader to my journaling on the back. It's hard to see but on the ledger paper near that arrow is printed "I can explain." My journaling reads:

Tracee and I spent a lot of time in my little car because places are very spread out here in the U.S. My GPS led the way to unfamiliar destinations, and as we discovered, she sometimes wanted to take us places we didn't want to go, like highways when we wanted to go on the country roads and country roads when we wanted a faster ride on the highway. On our trip to Fredericksburg to visit Scrapdoodles, she took us down a little country road near my house that I'd never traveled. The little windy road seemed to go on and on forever, and I glanced down at my GPS to see how many miles until the next turn and just as I did, we heard--and felt--a great big crunch. It all happened so fast and Tracee was just about to say "Look out" when it happened. Seems I ran over a dead squirrel. My car being the little car it is feels every bump and hole in the road, and boy did we feel that crunchy bump!

Tracee and I laughed about it the whole way to and from Fredericksburg. Once there, Miss GPS decided she'd have us wander around and around the shopping complex (which tends to be a place I get lost anyway) in search of the store--all the while Tracee made fun of me. Getting lost in shopping centers happened again and again during her stay, but luckily the bone-crunching was only a one-time episode.


Here you can see one of my scrapbooking faux-pas. I meant to put a brad in between bone and crunching, to serve as a hyphen, but I forgot until after I had posted the reveal. I do plan to add one, but it was raining today so I wouldn't have been able to take a proper picture anyway, so just use your imagination. :) Maybe you can tell me what color brad I should use. The letters I used are by Webster's Pages (the); unknown (incredible); Lily Bee (wandering); Sassafrass Lass (bone-crunching); BasicGrey (car). That's an old 7gypsies photo turn with a BasicGrey brad, and the circular ledger mask is by Studio Calico.


You need to hop over and see what the rest of the team and our guest designers made. We have 2Crafty sponsoring us this month, so you'll want to play for a chance at winning some of their awesome chipboard!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This has the best title! Love this fun page!!! Super cool!!! :D

Sarah said...

Debbie this is awesome. I adore the little sassafras monster.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooo fun!! LOVING the photos, the Sass monster (one of my faves too!!!!) and love love love the title and the journaling!!!

Murphy's Law said...

fun fun fun! everything about screams fun. love the car.

Helen Wallace said...

What a hoot...this is just so funky and funny...you two should run scrapbooking tours. (In your non-existent spare time). Fabulous page with all your amazing attention to detail :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

An incredibly fun and cute layout. I love the little monsters.

Lizzy Hill said...

you always do such FUN pages....& this is no exception. LOVE your li'l monster:):) And this case file has lovely colours....betcha it's a popular one:):)

Val-Belle said...

Another amazing 8 x 8 Debbi layout... I have to keep reminding myself you scrap small... I love your designs and fun style. This layout so resonated with me and trips out and about. Gorgeous Debbi...

Bente Fagerberg said...

I can tell you had a lot of fun and also you have the pictures to prove it! LOL! Your lo is absolutely adorable with all the little details added here and there. Your experience with Miss GPS put a smile on my face as it is always the same with me. She gets me there in the end though :-)

Heather Jacob said...

love this Debbi and especially the way you have used the mask xooxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...