HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, September 27, 2013

Remember Today {CSI Case File No. 90}

Oh my goodness. We're about to open Case File No. 91 tonight, and I haven't posted my layout for Case File No. 90.



I've got another episode of Tracee and Debbi's Excellent Adventure this week. Clues I used...Evidence: cat, heart, stripes, polka dots, tie something, something transparent, fabric, and something no longer trendy. Testimony: Journal about a friendship, and 5 fun facts.


Here are some details. I used lots of stuff that used to be trendy but no longer is. I was bound and determined to use this Prima paper, which is one of my all-time favorite papers--so much that I never wanted to cut it up, but I went for it. Especially since there were words and phrases in the paper that went with these pictures of Tracee and me in my car: little cars, traffic, I roll. I was looking for some word stickers to put on my page, and imagine my surprise and delight when I came across this "Thelma and Louise" sticker--perfect!


Some more long-ago trendy stuff: eyelets and Hambly overlays.


I managed to sneak that little cat from the Case File onto my page, as well as a heart.


Another no-longer-trendy item: Love, Elsie fabric cloud paper. Of course I ran out of space for my journaling, so I journaled on the back. I added that sticker "see for yourself" and the arrows to point the way to my journaling: Five Fun Facts: 1) We posed for these pictures on Tracee's last full day here because we hadn't yet taken any shots in my car together. 2) We drove two hours to go scrapbook shopping--four hours round trip.3) We ran over a dead squirrel and almost hit a deer on our way home that day. 4) We both like to sing in the car. 5) We only drove with the top down once because it was so freaking hot the week Tracee was here.


You'll have to go see what the rest of the team made with this Case File. It's a really fun one, and you still have until Sunday to make a page before the deadline--and if you're interested in applying for the design team and haven't yet had a chance to play, come check it out.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors and all the circle bits!!!!

Tracee said...

Love it! Sums it up with the 5 facts, (do love the one about the dead squirrel, was so hilarious!) Tx

sandi said...

Love, love, love what you've done here Deb! Great use of colors! Wow!

Murphy's Law said...

ooooo very HIP!! Love it. and thelma and louise - perfect. lol!

Helen Wallace said...

So cool Debbi...your adventures sound like a blast. Especially running the gaunlet of the animals on the way home. I love that cloud fabric stuff. And Thelma and Louise....gracious me, you did have an adventure!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey Debbi...I hope you don't mind, I popped up a copy of your Scrap Friends GD page on my blog, with a link here...I just like to 'share the LOOOVE' & I really liked this one of yours:):):):)

all the days of our life said...

This is so cool!!1 Love the pps and how the bubbles poop. Great page and the colors are great this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...