HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Secret Garden {CSI Case File No. 92}

Our most recent Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration is so soft and lovely.


These pastels are a little out of my comfort zone, but I was pleased with how my page turned out. This is my husband's niece and her husband. They were in town last weekend visiting, and I thought it would be fun to make a book for them, so I grabbed this picture off of Facebook.

Clues I used: Evidence - gems, pearls, cabochon flowers, dangle something, charms, silhouette, handmade flowers, lace, stacked elements (which I'm realizing I left off the Case File image--Doh!);  Testimony - Tuck your story between layers so some of it shows (I stuck in some tags they could journal on. I used an inspiration word for the title and also one for a word sticker.


I found this lovely sketch from Scrap Friends and used it for my page composition.


Here are some details. The papers I used are by Maja Designs. My beautiful friend Eila Sandberg sent them to me, and I thought they were just perfect for this Case File. The colors almost match the palette perfectly in real life.

That flourishy  frame was cut out with my Silhouette Cameo, as were the leaves and other frames. I have SO many metal charms from when they were popular back in the day. I was glad to be able to use one on this page.

The border punches I used are both by Martha Stewart. I kind of messed up on the stamping, and kept trying to fix it and finally decided I better quit while I was ahead. I am so "messy"-challenged.


I used several rub-ons on this page--the stitching is one. The label in the corner is actually a stamp. Those butterflies were cut from a Maja Designs paper. I was happy to use some of the cabochon flowers I've been accumulating. I always forget to use them.


Here's my handmade flower. I was feeling lazy and was going to put on a flower that was "handmade in China," when Tracee gave me the idea to make one out of lace. Easy peasy. The flourishy rub-ons are old ones by BasicGrey. I still have so many of those.


I used a Crafter's Workshop and some texture paste to add some dimension. I love the subtle distressing on these papers.


We had a humongous reveal this week. You must go see. So many beautiful creations by the design team and guest designers. We have two main sponsors, so lots to see and possibilities to win!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

oooooo I love it. soft and fun!

Lizzy Hill said...

THis is not like your usual style at all...but it's my very VERY fave one! The colours, the bling & lace & man! YOu've used that sketch to perfection...really, really totally LOOOOOVE it:):):)

Heather Jacob said...

love love love love , such a soft and romantic creation Debbi x

Lynette Jacobs said...

This page is so soft and dreamy. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...