HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, April 18, 2014

5-Year Promise {CSI Case File No. 118}

I thought with spring break I'd be able to get back on track, but the week has flown by and it didn't happen. I did get a lot accomplished, but my to-do list was very, very long.

Anyway, Case File No. 118 is still open through the weekend at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.



I was planning to do something about my "style." But Tracee had the idea to scrap about a book we both recently bought, Q&A a Day: 5 Year Journal. Her page got picked up for publication in Scrap365, so you'll have to wait to see hers! So here's mine.

Clues I used...Evidence: white background, jewels, hearts, pen work, fibers; Testimony: Magnetic Poetry.



Here are some details.I used papers from a bunch of different manufacturers here: My Mind's Eye (teal stripe); Dear Lizzy (Tickets, green triangle, orange bit); Heidi swapp (yellow); Echo Park (red). The speech bubbles were cut on my Silhouette Cameo. I've had that little Trust charm forever and popped a little gem on it.


The little wooden people icons are from Studio Calico. We got the photo online. We were surprised there were a whole bunch of pictures people had taken of this little book. We loved this one because of the heart bokeh and the cuppa.


The sparkly frame is ancient--by K&Co., and that red brad, by SEI, is also really old. I was looking for a label or something as another layer and came across this calendar card in the perfect color and it went perfectly with my story. I took a screen shot of my magnetic poem and then printed it out and cut it apart. 


Photobucket

7 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Love it!! Love the colors. Very fun and adorable. missed your posts.

dstandard said...

Fabulous page - love how different everyone went with this Case File! Awesome!

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout! Fabulous take on the sketch, love the special little embellies you have used. happy Easter!

Lydibel said...

Dear Debbi this is a gorgeous layout! Your photos are beautiful. Your layout composition is perfect. Love all the textures and embellishments. I have to get some cover buttons...

Lydibel said...

Dear Debbi this is a gorgeous layout! Your photos are beautiful. Your layout composition is perfect. Love all the textures and embellishments. I have to get some cover buttons...

Audrey Pettit said...

Love it! Such a great take on your CSI file, as always! I really love all the layers you've added behind the photos. The penwork really adds a great touch, and the magnetic poem is really fun, too. I had no idea what that was.....and now I'm doing a face palm. ;)

Em Stafrace said...

Gorgeous page Debs love what you created amazing as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...