HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, May 9, 2014

Small Details {CSI Case File No. 121}

We just opened a new Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, but last week's is still open through the end of the weekend:



I decided I'd document something about my home, so I grabbed my camera and took a bunch of pictures of pretty little things around my house (and I had planned to call my page "Pretty Little Things,"). As I was looking through my pictures, I kept seeing birds and birdhouses and birdcages. I didn't realize I had so many birdie things. So I decided to go with that for my page:

Clues I used: Evidence: transparent element (lightbulb), metal, twine, lightbulb, game pieces; Testimony: home.


Here are some details. I've had this plaid metal Making Memories frame in my stash for years. Glad to have been able to dust it off! The chipboard letters are by BasicGrey, as is the background paper. That little bird paper is cut out of a Carta Bella paper. That game spinner is by Tim Holtz.


I love my little chirp cups that I got from Home Goods (my favorite store EVER). The plates behind the cup say Nest, with a sweet little picture of a nest. The black paper in the picture below is by Echo Park. I always have a hard time fitting journaling onto my pages (I scrap 8 x 8). Tacking it onto the top and bottom was the perfect solution. To get the white-on-black lettering, I digitally drew a black rectangle. Then I typed the text on top and changed the font color to white. 


The brad in the picture below is actually gray. Not sure why it's looking green. Those birdhouses are my favorite thing in my house--I bought them at Pottery Barn. That bird lamp below was also from Home Goods.


I've been dying to use these Ingvild Bolme lightbulbs by Prima, and this was the perfect opportunity. The circular elements were cut from an Echo Park paper. That black paper on the left is by Crate Paper. The red polka dot is by BasicGrey. The kraft and red stripe is really old and had no label.



This was a really fun Case File to work with, and we had a fantastic reveal, with our new Detectives making their debut and the awesome Flying Unicorn team guesting, so you should come take a look. And if you have time to play along this weekend, look at this fantastic prize up for grabs:


So...what are you waiting for? Come play!

Photobucket

8 comments:

dstandard said...

Such an awesome page Debbi - your details are always so amazing!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a fabulous page!! Love the photos of your home and LOVE all the birdies! (that coffee mug is fab!! want one too :) ).

ALINE said...

This layout is very beautiful!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super page Debbi! Amazing how, only after looking at the photo's did you see the bird trend! Love the design and all the elements! Thanks for the visit to my blog the other day and your lovely comment! I really appreciate it! x

Audrey Pettit said...

This is fantastic, Debbi! I LOVE the grid layout you've used and how all the photos and elements are framed. Your black and white journaling strips across the top and bottom are really eye catching. Loving the little birdie cut outs, too!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Such a stunning layout & all the decor touches - pure sweetness!

Val-Belle said...

It looks like you have a beautiful home created with lots of love. Nothing wrong with loving all things birdy. I love visiting your blog it is like a breath of fresh air on a blistering hot day. You inspire me Debbi... always have and always will <3

Eila Sandberg said...

Ooooh you have such a beautiful home Debbi! love love love all those little details! and just adore your page that reflects you so much. Chiming in with Val, I have always admired your classy work! hugs and kisses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...