HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, August 3, 2014

2Crafty August Shares

It's my turn at 2Crafty to share what I made with their awesome chipboard. Here's a copy of the post:


Greetings, 2Crafty Fans!
 I'm here to share three layouts with you today.
 For those who don't know, I scrap 8" x 8".
 
"Home Tweet Home"
 
These sweet little birds decided to make a nest on my front door wreath.
 I had in mind that I wanted to recreate a sort of nest on my layout, and the 
gorgeous flourish element was the perfect thing for the job. I painted this
 piece brown and then added a bit of white mist. The leaves were trimmed off 
of a beautiful frame that turned out to be too large for my pages.
 I inked them with green stamp ink and drew the veins with a pen.
 
2Crafty elements pictured below:
flourish - Felicity Flourish
leaves trimmed from frame - Viney Page Frame
 
 
I used three pieces of 2Crafty chipboard for my title--the alphabet, the little bird,
 and the feather. All elements were coated with acrylic paint. My yellow paint
 was a little thick and seeped into the wonderful markings that give the feather
 such nice dimension, so I took a pin and scraped the paint out along the lines.
 
2Crafty elements pictured below:
letters - Alpha Set 1
feather - Indian Feathers
bird - Birdhouse
leaves trimmed from frame - Viney Page Frame
 
 
The sweet birdhouse was the perfect accent for this page.
 The package includes 5 birdhouses and 5 little birds
 (one of which is shown in the picture above),
 so I still have plenty for other layouts.
 
2Crafty elements pictured below:
bird - Birdhouse
"This Face Makes My Heart Smile"
 
One of the things I love about 2Crafty is that they have such a versatile collection of chipboard. You can find lovely flourishes and other intricate elements that are perfect for a romantic, girly, nature-y layouts and you can find elements with a more modern vibe that suit masculine layouts.
My step-dad died at Christmas and I'm making a book for my mom. This is one of our favorite pictures of Ed, and the 2Crafty chipboard title was the perfect sentiment for my page. I tried a bunch of different things with the title, first coating it with gesso, and not sure I liked it I inked it with the blue from my papers, but it looked too pastel-ish, so I painted it a dark brown, thinking it would be a nice contrast to the cream paper below it, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I went back to coating it with gesso, and I left it a little rough-looking to go with the masculine feel of my page.
I coated the heart with gesso and then used three different colors of ink to give it an aged look and then stamped with clear ink and heated it with clear embossing powder, which gave it a wonderful texture.
2Crafty elements pictured below:
title - This Face Title
heart -  Folk Hearts
 
 
Arrows and chevrons are a perfect accent to highlight something on your page, and what I wanted to highlight was this wonderful face. I used gesso and the same inks as I did on the heart and then I stamped using brown ink and clear embossing powder.
 
2Crafty elements pictured below:
chevrons - Chevron Bits

I had most of my page designed and it felt a little plain and needed another shape.
 Circle Revolution Frames to the rescue!
 The sheet comes with three different sizes and I used the largest one. I decided to leave
 them raw, and I really like the added dimension and interest they gave to my page design.

2Crafty elements pictured below:
Circle - Circle Revolution Frames

 
"She Sparkles"
 
I created this layout for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, using this Case File:
 
 
I was done with my layout and I just felt it needed a little "something-something," 
and that's when I remembered the sweet little 2Crafty hearts in my box. 
The sheet has a gazillion hearts and stars and are the perfect thing to add when
 you just need a little something extra on your page.
 
Hearts - ATC Tiny Hearts and Stars
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my pages.
 
And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Debbi, each of your pages are a delight. I love how much they differ from one another and I love the texture and the layers in all of them.

Murphy's Law said...

Love your projects! They are always fun and an inspiration.

Helen Wallace said...

Every page is chock full of scrappy goodness. They showcase the chipboard perfectly whilst allowing the photo to remain the focal point of the page...Beautuiful :D

Adriana B said...

wow wonderful collection of awesome pages , thanks for sharing :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Gee whizz...what an amazing collection of LOs....love them all - of course, your one of Ed is brill...& the top one with that big flourish....such a wonderful statement piece:):)

dstandard said...

What delightful projects! Awesome use of colors - love that huge flourish on the first one! Great background work on each one!

Unknown said...

The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work...Best Cccam Server

Nupur said...

Wow! Amazing eye catching projects. I love the bright and playful colors. Love it all...xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...