HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, November 29, 2014

2Crafty November DT Work

It's my turn to share my DT work on the 2Crafty blog.
I'm here to share three layouts I made 
using the fantastic 2Crafty chipboard.
 
"Happiness"
 
That's my mom and my step-dad, who passed away last Christmas. 
I've been working on a scrapbook for my mom, and I plan to give this page to her.
I used the November challenge at Scrap Around the World as inspiration for this page.
 
 

I love this mood board! I drew lots of inspiration from it--the wood background, the words stretching across the paper, the doilies, the music paper, the flowers, the colors, the torn edges from the bundles of sheet music, the stencil mimicking the circular wheels on the bike...

Here are some details... How beautiful are these Line Word Titles
I love how they stretch across the page. Since I scrap 8 x 8, I had to trim it a bit. 
I first coated my chipboard title with gesso 
and then painted it with Twinkling H2O's. It's super shimmery in real life.


The 2Crafty chipboard doilies are so pretty, and I was able to use one, cut in half to look like I had used two. I also painted this with a white shimmery Twinkling H2O, The butterfly was also painted with Twinkling H2Os.


How sweet are these pen nibs? I mixed two different Twinkling H2O inks to give it an aged patina look and painted the heart to match the butterfly. The heart is actually the inside of a Heart Silhouette. Those hearts are a great product to get because you basically get double the hearts!


2Crafty Products used in this project:
Line Words - Happiness Borders
Doilies
Sharon's Butterflies
Pen Nibs
Heart Silhouettes
Polaroid Assortment Frames
 










"Smile for the Camera"

That's my husband's niece. I'm making a book for her too. 
I used the November challenge at The Color Room as a starting point for my layout.
 

This color palette is so fresh and lovely! I used a paper towel to dab the ink to give it a watercolor feel.
 
Here are some details from this layout...
I inked many of the pieces black, including this Tiny Funky Frame, with stamp ink, 
giving it a cool matte look. I also inked the cameras 
and then coated it with embossing powder to give it a wet look 
that went with the pond picture. I outlined the grooves in the camera
with a fine-tipped black pen. Love those grooved details 
2Crafty adds to many of their chipboard pieces!

How awesome are these Word Circles? They are just perfect to serve as a part of an interesting title embellishement. I used a second, larger camera from the set to hold part of the title.


The Film Strips are always a perfect embellishment for adding a border. 
I love how the film strip frames the patterned paper behind it. 
I cut the film strip in two pieces so that it could extend further, 
tucking the cut ends behind the photo.

2Crafty Products used in this project:
Mini Cameras
Word Circles Set 1
Film Strips - Small
Frames Tiny Funky
 




"Please Stay Thin"
 
I made this page for a Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration last month. The story stemmed from a prompt that said "If you could write a letter to your younger self, what would you write in only three words?"

I only used one piece of chipboard for this page, but I think it's really a highlight
 of this page and was perfect for this Case File, so I wanted to share it.


2Crafty Products used in this project:



Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my pages. 
I hope I gave you some ideas for using the beautiful 2Crafty chipboard. 

And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au


Photobucket
Photobucket

12 comments:

Lydell Quin said...

They are all wonderful Debbi! You certainly know how to work those chippies!!!

Murphy's Law said...

WOW girl - I have some new favs of yours. These are all stunning.

Heather McMahon said...

These are all amazing Debbie! Love the different styles. In relation to the SATW layout you've made a fantastic interpretation of the mood board.

Lizzy Hill said...

Simply beautiful work - all so different & you use the chippy sooo effortlessly - or it appears that way😊😊😊

Lizzyc said...

These are all so marvellous! Lovely designs, wonderful use of chippies, beautiful colors! Love em!

zuziucha said...

So much inspiration in one post. Wow. I love the work that you created for SATW challenge. Thank you. But in fact-all of your work is beautiful.

Karita said...

WOW! So many beautiful layouts!
Thank you for sharing and thank you for joining at SATW!

Di Garling said...

Fabulous post Debbi with sooo much eye candy. Love them all my friend & thanks for sharing.

Terhi Koskinen said...

I'm so sorry for your step-dad! But all your creations are so sweet and beautiful! Can't say which is the best, all are filling me up with inspiration :D Thank you so much for joining us at SATW - I hope your layout makes it to the top 10! :)

langeatheart said...

Beautiful layout! Love the masking and the wonderful diecuts behind the photo! beautiful job! All the best from SATW! :)

Paula said...

All such gorgeous layouts! You do use that chipboard beautifully. Thanks for joining us over @ TCR, love the design & use of the colours :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are amazing!!!! These are so gorgeous!! WOW!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...