HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, June 13, 2015

These Shoes {CSI Case File No. 167}

We've got a brand-new Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:


Here's my page. As usual lately, I had to snap a photo at an inopportune time, so the colors look a little off, but they match the Case File, I promise.



I used a sketch from My Creative Sketches:



Clues I used...Evidence:globe, circles, bird, transportation, trees, metal, clouds, key; Testimony: Document a childhood friendship, song title in your journaling.

Here are some details. I used lots of older papers on this page, K&Co. (blue with hexagons), SEI (dark purple), Making Memories (lighter purple), Bella Blvd. (clouds), Scenic Route (green). The purple letter stickers are by BasicGrey, and that globe was cut with my Silhouette Cameo.


I chose these brads to go with the clues on the Case File. The owl on the tree is a flair badge by American Crafts. I used a Stencil Girl stencil with texture paste on the background, and then smushed some watercolor paints onto the background.


I had planned to write the story on the tags, but then I realized I had stitched them under that white paper. Doh! So I decided to write the story on the back. The "True Story" is also a Silhouette cut file.


I haven't yet written the journaling, but basically it's about how this photo always reminds me of these shoes that I lost, and then that gets me to thinking about how I lost them, which gets me to thinking about the friend that I never got to see again because we moved...again. I was always losing friends because we kept moving when I was a kid.

I've been super-busy with the school year winding up, but I will write my journaling soon.

Come see how the design team and guest designers embraced the purple!

Photobucket

7 comments:

dstandard said...

Love this Debbi! Love all the texture and background work and such a fabulous take on that sketch!

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely! Love the colours and what a great sketch too! It is funny how we remember things from our childhood that make us think of other things...

zenevak said...

So beautiful! Love your mix of embellishments, and the colours are just divine!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So very pretty Debbi. You amaze me with what you manage to incorporate on your dainty 8x8 pages.

Helen Wallace said...

Beautiful colour blending and great use of the sketch. Love the MM background and the teaser of the story. So sad to have to say goodbye to special friends due to moving :D

Veronica Goh said...

Amazing layout! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches.

diveloonie said...

Love the color scheme and nice photographing of the layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...