HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 2Crafty Design Team Work

I just realized I forgot to share my 2Crafty layouts I made for April. Here's my 2Crafty post:


"Froggy Friends"
 
We were so delighted to have 2Crafty sponsor CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration last month!
 
  Before we start....
Please remember while you are here  to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
 
 I made this page featuring my nephew for Case File No. 195. I had 2Crafty pieces to meet 
several of the Evidence clues--hearts, polaroid frames, speech bubbles, clouds.
 

Here are some details...


The "Thought Bubble" was a perfect little canvas to hold my title, which came
 from the "Friendship Mini Words Pack." I covered the speech bubble with a pale green
 patterned paper and outlined it with a Pigma micron pen. I also covered the "Polaroid 
Assortment Frames" with a patterned paper. The title was coated with gesso and then
green stamp ink.

The sweet clouds came from the "Mini Weather Icons" set, and that fun sun is from the  
"Dancing Suns" pack. I covered the clouds with patterned paper. I coated the sun with 
gesso and then colored it with orange stamp ink. I punched a circle out of patterned paper 
and topped the sun with that. I love the "Polaroid Assortment Frames." They are such 
a great starting piece for building an interesting cluster on a layout.



I used the "Chevron Bits" to point to the little frogs Christian is holding in the photo. 
I coated these pieces with gesso and then green stamp ink. I added a little "Folk Heart" 
 with teal paper, again outlining it with pen.

2Crafty Products used on this layout:
Thought Bubbles
Polaroid Assortment Frames
Dancing suns
Mini Weather Icons
Folk Hearts
Chevron Bits
 
 
 
"Be Brave"
 
That's my little sister on her first day of kindergarten. I'm working on an album of some of our childhood photos to give to my mom for Mother's Day, and this is one of the pages.
 

I had this black "be brave" card, and I wanted it to look like a chalkboard, so I covered it with
 a frame from the "Polaroid Assortment Frames" set, which I painted white. These frames
 are so great, not only for framing photos, but for framing other page elements and for layering.


I also painted the "View Finder" white, outlining it and then backing it with a floral print.


I coated the word remember from the "Line Words - Goodtimes Borders" with gesso 
and then used walnut ink to give it a vintage look.

 
The "Funky Bird" was a perfect adornment for this childhood memory page. The Remember line word served as a sort of branch on which my little bird could perch. The line extenison of the word was the perfect opportunity to dangle one of the many charms I have in my stash. For a wing, I topped the bird with a heart that came from the inside of one of the "Heart Silhouettes." I painted the little bird's twiggy legs and then topped her and the heart-wing with patterned paper. I added a googly eye and drew on eyelashes.
 
2Crafty Products used on this layout:
Polaroid Assortment Frames
View Finder
Line Words - Goodtimes Border
Funky Bird
Heart Silhouettes

Before I go, I'd like to share an additional layout on which I used some 2Crafty pieces.


"Monstrosity"

I made this for a Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, which is open for the 
entire month of April. 



Cogs and gears were one of the clues, and 2Crafty has some awesome "Gears."


By the way, 2Crafty has an awesome assortment of monsters and robots. I didn't use them on my page because they were too large for where I wanted to put them (I scrap 8 x 8), but you should grab some of these 2Crafty monsters and come play with us at CSI!


2Crafty Products used on this layout:
Gears


Thank you so much for stopping by and looking at my pages. I hope I've given you
 some ideas for using the awesome 2Crafty chipboard!



Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful creating Debi! Just love the fun feel and vibrant colors of your layouts! Love the outlining of your embellies too!

Tracey said...

Well, these are incredible pages!! Wow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...