HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, July 1, 2016

Floaters {CSI Major Case File No. 205}

We have a fun new Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:


Here's the page I made. Clues I used...Evidence: I use all of the clues! Testimony: Journal on a cloud, journal about time outdoors.


That's my brother and law and nephew in their backyard pool, which is circular. I was trying to make a pool with splashes as the backdrop to my page. I rotated the sketch.

Here are some details. The chevron paper is by Amy Tangerine. The fuchsia paper is Echo Park. Those chipboard letters are really old--Heidi Swapp--they stand for Dan and Christian, and I used them as my monogram clue. I was so excited to be able to use these straws that I bought a while back. I sliced them down the middle so they would be less bulky. Then they wouldn't lay flat because I didn't do such a great job slicing them, so I stapled the ends down because I knew glue wouldn't work.


These fun palm trees are Silhouette cut files. The little lantern stamp is by Avery Elle. The title letters are Thickers. I know, "floaters" calls to mind something icky, but I thought of it and it made me laugh, just like the pictures made me laugh, so I went with it.


How cute is that sparkly happy face? It came in a pack of pink and yellow smilies. Tracee and I bought them last summer and split the package. The sun and clouds are also Silhouette cut files. The light blue paper reminded me of water.


The flamingo is also a Silhouette cut file. I hesitated putting that googly eye on him because the eye was bigger than the head, but then I though, why not? Goes with the playful silliness I was going for on this page. That Hi brad is really old Crate Paper. I'm sad to use it up, but I thought it was perfect on this page. I was looking for a label to put behind that flamingo and couldn't find one in the right color. Then I found an old rub-on label by Scenic Route and decided I could put it on a piece of transparency--that met two clues. :)


We've got lots of awesome sponsors donating prizes. Come check out the cool pages from the rest of the team here. I hope you'll play along with us this month!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Loving this Debbi!! What a FANTASTIC page!!

Karen said...

What a fabulous page Debbi! Love the pool effect in the background, very clever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...