HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, August 26, 2016

This Is My Hometown {CSI Case File No. 210}

We've got a brand-new Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:

Here's the page I made. I went a little crazy here!


Clues I used...Evidence - I managed to use all of the clues. Testimony - I documented something about my hometown, used journaling strips, and wrote an opinion.

Here are some details. I started out with this Silhouette building cut-file. It was actually meant to be one accordion-folded piece that included additional buildings. I originally planned to line the buildings up across the page, but I didn't like the way that was turning out, so I just overlapped two of the pieces and then went to my drawers where I have embellishments stored by color. I pulled out a gazillion things, many of them super-duper ancient and just layered them behind the buildings.

Clues you can find in the picture below: vertical stripes (in the pink flower and green paper), grid pattern (background), architectural accents (the houses), transportation (the little bus brad), clouds (cut from a Bella Blvd. paper), tree (little stamp on the photo), clock (chipboard Making Memories piece), triangles (pink stamp in background, mosaic (pink and green squares).


I really love my home town, so I decided I'd journal about all the reasons I love my town. I was wracking my brain trying to decide how to do the mosaic clue, when it came to me that I could cut some little vellum squares and put them on the grid paper in random spots.

Clues in the following picture include animal (puffy sticker), rub-ons (green line and dot borders). 


I didn't have a good picture of downtown Frederick that would suit the colors and the idea I had in mind for this layout, so I found a picture online.


I hope you'll come play with this super-fun Case File! You can win some great prizes from our sponsors, or be invited as a guest designer as a bonus!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...