HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Love Forever {Stuck?! Sketches October 1 DT Work}

(Note: My blog has gone all wonky, Kristine Davidson is working on getting it fixed for me, so if you're wondering why my background has disappeared, that is why!)

I'm very excited to share that I was invited to join the Stuck?! Sketches design team. I love playing with sketches, and Laura always has wonderful designs. Here is the my very first layout as a design team member:


And here is the sketch:


Here are some details. When I saw the clocks in the sketch, I remembered these Maya Road transparent clocks, and then I thought it would be fun to find a current picture of Farzad and me and pair it with a photo from when we were dating--35 years ago! The black paper with the hearts is by American Crafts, and the cross-hatch paper in the background was torn out of a paper pad. I think it might be We R Memory Keepers, but I'm not 100% sure. The red polka dot is old Cosmo Cricket paper, the blue stripe is old Ki Memories paper, and the yellow stripe is by My Mind's Eye. The leaves were cut from an old SEI paper. The flair badge is by A Flair for Buttons. The tab is by Pink Paislee, and the gold title and hearts are American Crafts Thickers.


I used a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop and some texture paste mixed with white acrylic paint in the background. The little banner is by Recollections. I just love the phrase stickers by Simple Stories. There are so many different phrases on the sheet, and I found some that really told the story I wanted to tell on this page.


You will definitely want to try out this fun sketch, and Stuck?! Sketches has some great sponsors this month:

May Arts Ribbon is donating a $25.00 gift certificate to their store.
And Heartfelt Creations is also donating a $25.00 gift certificate.

I look forward to seeing what you create!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

Hello Debbi, I was delighted to see you on the team as well; Laura's sketches are wonderful to work with. Love your idea of comparing a "then" and "now" page. The acetate clocks work perfectly with your theme. I'm glad you found some one to help fix your blog. I had the same kind of trouble and it's a work in progress now.

Laura Creates said...

Absolutely stunning Debbi, such gorgeous layers!

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is gorgeous! I just love all the wonderful layers, details, colors, and especially the before and after photos. Congratulations! Your layout is fabulous.

Tracey said...

So much fun! Love this!!

Anonymous said...

This really looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...