HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Return to Chi-Town {Stuck?! Sketches December 1 DT Work}

How quickly did November fly by?! We've got an awesome new sketch at Stuck?! Sketches to play with, and you'll definitely want to give it a whirl because not only is this a super-fun sketch, but there are also prizes from our sponsors to be won! 


Here's the page I made for my niece and nephew-in-law:


Here are some details. That cool compass, which I used in place of the star in the sketch is a Silhouette cut file. I had originally planned to stich it onto the page, like in the sketch, but once I added the texture paste in the background, I changed my mind (I had the awful experience of stitching over texture paste in the past--it wasn't a pretty sight). The stencil I used is by The Crafter' Workshop--it's called "Stepping Stones." That little "today's story" was cut off of a patterned paper tear strip.


I lvoe this sideways chevron background paper by BasicGrey (Carte Postale collection). I wish I had bought some more of that--it's such a great neutral and a small, subtle pattern to serve as a background. The other patterned papers are oldies from my scraps drawers. The red is Scenic Route, the ledger in the background is Love, Elsie, the grid is BasicGrey, and the diagonal stripe is My Mind's Eye.


For that bottom bit, I had a bunch of different scraps laying on my scrap table, and they just all seemed to go with the colors. Love when that happens! The tags are from a Fiskars stamp set.


We have two generous sponsors for this sketch. Cut Mania is donating a $10.00 gift certificate for their online store.

Heather, from Cut Mania is also graciously offering our participants 20% off any purchases made during the month of December with the code 20STUCK - thanks Heather, that is amazing! 

and Crafty Ribbons is  providing a generous prize too.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Laura Creates said...

So awesome Debbie love the texture and cut file for this page!

Helen Wallace said...

Hello Debbi - it's fun being teamies again! Your interpretation of the sketch is dramatic and colourful. Especially like the cut file and the mixed media. So interesting to see everyone's ideas on the same sketch.

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is gorgeous! I love the texture and color behind that awesome cut file! Your take on this sketch is fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...