HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, June 2, 2017

You Are a Superhero {CSI Major Case File No. 231}

We've got a brand new challenge up at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


Here's my page. It's my 22nd and final page I made to give to one of my students. Clues I used...Evidence: White background, stripes, animals, eyeglasses, googly eyes, speech bubbles, punctuation marks, starbursts, heart, puffy stickers; Testimony: Super power.


Here are some details. I spent a whole lot of time looking around the internet for animals with a superhero cape and just couldn't find anything suitable for this page when all of a sudden...Doh! It hit me! I could use the animals on the Case File. I printed them on photo paper and fussy cut them. I added googly eyes to the elephant. The title is a Silhouette cut file.


The comic book speech bubbles are cut files from Silhouette too. I used an old BasicGrey patterned paper along with my solid white cardstock in the background and various patterned papers from my scraps drawers to match the colors of the Case File. Some are really old, like the red paper, which is by Scenic Route. How I loved that paper company!


I mounted some of the speech bubbles and the animals on adhesive foam. In retrospect, I wish I had put the word "HUG!" on one of those speech bubbles.


Here's one more shot. Those little animals are so adorable! So glad I thought of using them!


I hope you'll come check out our super-awesome reveal. LOTS of inspiration there, including from our new Detectives who are making their debut this week. Please come play with us. We've got lots of awesome prizes from our generous sponsors:



Photobucket

6 comments:

Em Stafrace said...

I love the superhero theme for this casefile and you totally rocked that style! Sensational page Debbi :)

Unknown said...

Love how you used the inspiration animals! Great idea! I can almost feel that excitement in that AHA moment! As always, your layout is full of fun and personality and I love that sweet little super-hugger picture :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the comic speech bubbles. The page has such a bright and happy felling to it. Like a page from a comic book.

LisaM said...

What a fun page Debbi! I love all the characters and speech bubbles!

Unknown said...

This is os much fun.

Janet Fritz said...

I love this layout. I really love that you used the characters from the challenge, it's perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...