HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, October 16, 2017

Hello Amazing Donuts {CSI Case File No. 240}

Our mid-month challenge is live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration! Here's the page I made (and yes, Tracee and I went to the donut shop with the intention of using some donut-inspired scrappy supplies).


And here's the Case File. Clues I used: Evidence - polka dots, stripes, strawberries, hearts, stars, cakes (I used donuts instead), ric-rac, borders, texture paste, scallops, enamel dots, stamps, labels; Testimony: Inspiration word sweet.


I've been enjoying the challenges over at Paper Issues lately, and I used the sketch from one of their challenges:


Here are some details. The pink background paper is by Studio Calico. The "hello" is a Silhouette cut file. I tried that out in all the colors and just couldn't make it work and was about to give up when I thought of layering the green over the black title I had cut out, and it was just the thing to make it work! I had that donut strip from an Amy Tangerine paper, but I didn't have her other paper that had the larger donuts, so I found an image of that paper online and copied one of the donuts and printed it out. The matte enamel dots are by Eyelet Outlet.


I really liked the wonky strips in the sketch. There's that donut strip from the Amy Tangerine paper I mentioned above, and I was so happy to use some ric-rac I've had in my stash forever. I had already stitched my strips down and designed most of my page when I was stick about what to do for my journaling, and that's when I thought of adding a strip of journaling above the donuts. The little tab at the top is from a sheet of stickers by Echo Park. The papers I used, in order from top to bottom are Echo Park (strip), Amy Tangerine (tiny red dot), Amy Tangerine (donuts), Echo Park Bundle of Joy (green), American Crafts Craft Fair (red polka dot). The scalloped pieces are old Doodlebug Frills. I stamped the "Little Joys", unfortunately uncentered, with an Amy Tangerine roller stamp. The speech bubble is by Evalicious, and the "let's do this" puffy sticker is by MAMBI (and it covers up the word pizza from another shop behind the window!). The "Get in my belly" was cut from a label on an Elle's Studio paper.


I thought that little coffee cup puffy sticker, by Freckled Fawn" would be a fun accent on this page, even though we didn't get coffee with our donuts, and the strawberry puffy sticker is by October Afternoon. Finally, to meet the textured paste clue, I found this phrase on the bottom of a Ranger stencil full of text, and I thought it was perfect because at the donut shop, you could get your donuts made however you want.


I hope you'll come play with us at CSI! We've got a bunch of sponsors donating prizes:


cubeupload

1 comment:

Nicole Doiron said...

Delicious looking donuts and layout!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...