HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Impossible Things Before Breakfast {CSI: Case File No. 246}

We've got a brand-new challenge live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


Here's my page. I'm making a book for my pastor who has the cutest dogs ever. I'm in love with this dog, Buster. He looked like he did NOT want to get out of bed, like it was IMPOSSIBLE. I was looking for a Lewis Carroll quote to use for my page and came upon the one about "six impossible things before breakfast," and I thought perfect!

I used the traditional clues from the Case File, which you can find if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the reveal. I used the color scheme ans well as the following Evidence clues, which was almost all of them: solid white background, swiss dots, stripes, floral pattern, text print, hearts, flowers, doily, teacups, crown, lace, border punch, tags, keys, clocks, script stamp, animals (in the pictures), labels, fancy letters, stick pin.


Here are some details. My starting point, once I decided on the "Impossible things before breakfast" quote, was the stack of teacups, which is a cut file from the Silhouette store. My pastor is a big coffee drinker, but I figured the teacups could double as coffee cups. Not sure if you can see it, but on the bottom cup, there's a stick pin with beads in the cluster. I was delighted to find the perfect phrase stickers for this layout!


I was so pleased to use this ginormous gold crown on this page, which has been in my stash FOREVER, one of those "what was I thinking?" purchases. Lace was one of the clues, and I was about to grab some lace from my stash when I remembered the tons of K&Co. paper lace that I have. How fun and perfect are the "I can't even" and "It's a pajama day" phrase stickers? I love when I find the prefect phrase stickers! The chipboard clocks and striped brads fulfilled some of the clues.


In addition to a ginormous gold crown, I had a ginormous gold key. Again, I have no idea whatever possessed me to buy that, but it works on this layout, and fulfills another clue in the Case File. I really love using the Case File clues because it has me digging through my stash to use things I might never have thought of using.


I hope you'll come play with us. We have 12 awesome sponsors donating prizes this month. Check them out:



cubeupload

1 comment:

diveloonie said...

Love your page! I know where you can use those crowns if you have any more in your stash! When you go to the UK to visit Tracee! I bet she would love a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...