HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, February 2, 2018

1st Trip Around the Sun {Stuck?! Sketches February 1 Challenge}

We've got another awesome sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches. Here's the page I created:


And here's the sketch Laura created for us to play with:



Here are some details. I fell in love with this picture of my friend and her sweet son on his birthday. The caption she had written for this picture on her Facebook page was "his first trip around the sun," and I immediately had an idea of using a sun in place of the doily in the sketch. I found a sun cut file at the Silhouette store. I used some old BasicGrey papers in two different yellows.The journaling was also on my friend's facebook Facebook page. I think the orange brad is by October Afternoon.


I thought the constellation paper from Echo Park's Just Be You collection would be the perfect backdrop for this page, and I cut out a rocket from an old BasicGrey paper. I made some tags with paper scraps to coordinate with the colors on my page, and I found these cute little alien stickers in my stash.


Since I only had one photo, I decided to substitute a title block for the other photo in the sketch. That alien is from the same pack as the other one.


I hope you'll come play with us. We've got prizes from three sponsors up for grabs!





cubeupload

1 comment:

Laura Creates said...

This is so sweet and i love the impact that the dood
ling adds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...