HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Freaky, Funny Fish Face Fails {CSI Case File No. 258}

Our mid-month challenge is live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration! I made two pages. Here's my first page (I'll share the other one in a future blog post):


Here is the Case File. The beach scene on the Case File reminded me of last summer when Tracee and I spent the day at the Chesapeake Bay. We were trying to take a selfie of us making fish faces in front of this restaurant that had a giant fish on the front of the building. The sun was in our eyes, and we couldn't quite get our mouths right, but we sure had a lot of laughs and some fun pictures as consolation. I used several of the traditional clues--Evidence: stripes, beach elements, animals, wet medium; and for Testimony, I used the topic of documenting a trip to the bay.



I used the current sketch at Sketchabilities as inspiration for my design:


Here are some details. Last summer, I bought a few sheets of paper from collections by Echo Park and Bella Blvd that featured these fun fish, and I knew I had to include those. I added some water color on the back because, well, fish had to swim through something. I used a fun stamp from Citrus Twist to add the fish bubbles, and that "don't ask" is from a "snarky" stamp set by Paper Issues. It just made me laugh, so I stamped it all around the page.


I needed something to go in that space beside the title at the top, and I thought a speech bubble would be fun. I found a sheet of paper from Photoplay's Like a Girl collection that was blue and had speech bubbles, but the speech bubbles say affirming messages for girls, but the more I looked at some of them, the more I cracked up and decided they would be perfect! The waves are from the Silhouette store and I thought it would be fun to make it look like the title was floating in the waves.


These photos just crack me up every time I look at them. I have so much fun with Tracee! Make sure you stop by her blog because she made a fantastic page using the same photos. I love it when we scrap our pictures together!


This is a perfect Case File for beach pictures or 4th of July photos. You don't need to feel limited by the color scheme either because how you interpret the Case File Scene is up to you! I hope you'll come play with us. Not only is it great fun, but you could win a prize from one of our 13 sponsors this month!


cubeupload
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...