HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, November 9, 2018

Smitten {Paper Issues Fall Crop - Put it in Neutral Challenge}

Paper Issues is having their annual Fall Crop, starting today! I signed up to host a challenge called "Put it in Neutral." I love a good challenge, and for me, using neutrals is a bit of a challenge, as I love making vibrant, colorful pages. Here's what I came up with:


Here are a few details from my page. A bunch of years ago, neutrals and vintage papers were all the rage, and of course I jumped on the bandwagon and bought stuff for that trend, so I went in search of stuff in my stash that would meet this challenge. The kraft patterned background paper is really old Making Memories paper.  I found lots of scraps in my paper scrap drawers to create layers behind my photo. Mesh gave another neutral, textural layer. I love those fabric brads, also by Making Memories, I think.


The gold Thickers are newer than most of the stuff on this page.  That dymo tape sticker, by Pebbles, is ancient too, a sare the flowers. I cut the leaves from a patterned paper.


How beautiful is this cut file? It's free from the Paper Issues store. It's called "Fresh Picked Wreath."


This was a really fun challenge, and I'm pleased with how my page turned out. The neutrals would be perfect for all your fall photos. And if you're not into using all neutrals like I did, you can add other colors. Here's the description of the challenge:

No automatic alt text available.

There are tons of challenges for our fall crop, and you could win one of two $50 gift cards to the Paper Issues store, and when you win, and even if you don't, be sure to use my code Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire order. All the challenges are open until November 19.


cubeupload

1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

Such a pretty layout, Debbi. I love the mix of neutrals even in the photograph. The cut file looks really nice and I love how you've added the flowers to it. Great job using up old stash. It certainly looks up-to-date on this layout. The only thing I couldn't quite get is the title die-cut. I know it's supposed to say "Smitten" but I cannot make out the "s". Just looks funny...Anyhow, I love your page and I'm sure your pastor will too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...