HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, May 3, 2019

You Are 100% Amazing {CSI Case File No. 281 + Paper Issues Stamp of Approval Challenge}

I made a second page for our first May challenge at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. I felt like I had veered a bit too far off course in my interpretation of the sketch, so I decided to try another because I loved the sketch so much. "Sketch?" you may be asking? Yep--we've paired up with Tell Us Story blog, a wonderful Russian Sketch blog. And because I love Paper Issues' challenges, I decided to combine this with their Stamp of Approval challenge. Here's what I came up with:


Here are the Case File and clues for the CSI challenge. The clues I used are: Scheme - all the colors; Evidence: plain white background, cameras, stamps, other transportation (flying saucer!), pie chart.



Here are some details: So, pie charts were a clue, and that gave me the idea of making the pie chart the theme of my layout. I remembered that Paper Issues has this awesome FREE cut file called Slices of Life, which was perfect for my page!



Cut Files are so perfect for using up scraps. All of my papers on this layout are pretty old, including some Scenic Route paper (I'm never going to get over them going out business).


I used watercolor in the background and then some splats of red, blue and yellow watercolor. I added those x's with a Carabelle stamp. Because I'm making these pages for my students, I wanted to add something child-like and playful, and I found these cute puffy stickers in my stash that matched the colors.


The cameras were fussy cut from an Amy Tangerine paper, and I added brads to the lenses for more interest. The red letters are old felt Thickers. 


I hope you'll come play with us at both CSI and Paper Issues. At CSI, we have seven sponsors donating prizes this month, and at Paper Issues, you could win a gift certificate to the Paper Issues store, which always carries the latest and greatest. Be sure to share your creations on the Facebook groups for CSI and Paper Issues.



While you're over at the Paper Issues store checking out the hundreds of FREE cut files, be sure to check out all the new stuff in the shop. Use my code Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll receive 20% off your entire purchase!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...